Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2015
New York/Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DEUS ALL THE WAY
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello all I hope your getting the last swings in before a long winter sets in hh gl.
Today I took my machine for a walk on the beach. Or shoreline trashy
Nasty place this was but it has history close by so I figured what the heck. Not one clear tone
Full of debris. But I eyeballed this statue ? Looks African or tribal of some kind it's hardwood dark grey looking wood no signature or marks just a cool piece , thought I'd share
If anyone has any ideas of what it is let me know. Thanks eastcoast
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

looks modern, as if it came from one of those "import" stores, like Cost Plus or Pier One.

Upvote 0
Just tidying up some blasts from the past (including some very ancient ones), largely for the benefit of anyone searching the site for information.

That’s by the Dominican artist Frank Coronado (1955-present), or a plagiarisation of his work by someone else. If it is one of his works, it should be signed on the back. Coronado’s sculptures are carved from mahogany and then painted, often taking inspiration from artists such as Picasso. Whether authentic or not, it sadly has almost no value in that condition. Some Coronado examples:

Coronado.jpg

Upvote 3

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back