What's new

after hours on the jobsite...gotta see my whatsit!

jopher

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2003
Messages
1,691
Reaction score
43
Golden Thread
0
Location
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
Doing excavations in an older part of town and using the soil to create a berm along the river.
Tonight I stayed after and did a little swingin on the berm.Found a bit of old junk as well as a 35D quarter and a 1890 IH.What I consider my best find of the night is part of a brass case which I have never seen the likes of before.It has a hinge on top with two snap locks on the sides.There is a release button near each lock.There is a large lip along the lower part and an embossed image of three ladies in an old motor car on the lid.There is no bottom or guts to this so Im not sure what it was.Looks too engineered to be a compact.I was thinking maybe a compass?The other whatsit is an aluminum tube witha screw cap on one end and a hole in the other...no scripting....a pen light...toothpick holder??By the way, the weather was beautiful here in MI today and it was a great eve to be out....about an hour.Let me know what you think on the whatsits.....Good luck to all....Joe
 

Attachments

  • PICT0001.webp
    PICT0001.webp
    48.8 KB · Views: 876
  • PICT0002.webp
    PICT0002.webp
    44.8 KB · Views: 889
  • PICT0003.webp
    PICT0003.webp
    48.9 KB · Views: 877
Upvote 0
IDing your whatsit!

Its was the bottom of a hat shaped coin purse !.I have one with a different lid.They were souvenirs that came with different lids.Each may or may not of had a design on the top leather part.Mine is from Jacobs Ladder.But yours could be from anywhere !!
 

Attachments

  • hat2.webp
    hat2.webp
    34.8 KB · Views: 375
  • hat3.webp
    hat3.webp
    10.1 KB · Views: 387
  • HAT1.webp
    HAT1.webp
    26 KB · Views: 367
inside view......
 

Attachments

  • hat4.webp
    hat4.webp
    28.9 KB · Views: 362
wirelessworldinc said:
I remember when I was a kid there were those cyndrical things. I think it is an inhaler for medicine like Vicks. You just would put it up to your nose and take a big sniff. If you unscrew the lid is a metal disk that you would push the medicine down closer to the hole?
W.W....That sounds like a winner.Thanks to you and everyone for the input...Joe
 
Re: IDing your whatsit!

Spitfire Reddie said:
Its was the bottom of a hat shaped coin purse !.I have one with a different lid.They were souvenirs that came with different lids.Each may or may not of had a design on the top leather part.Mine is from Jacobs Ladder.But yours could be from anywhere !!
Awesome job Spitfire.Never seen anything like it.Very cool...thanks....Joe
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom