After nox update...

Toothpick

Sep 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
XP-DEUS 2, MANTICORE, XP-DEUS 1, Equinox 800, Simplex, 1280x, Gold Bug 2, 12v Gator Gill Hookah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did actually notice this... it sounds more comfortable on the ears. Before it always felt so harsh. Maybe this is just imagined but my first thought when I turned the machine on was "hmm it sounds more mellow on the ears today"

I agree 100%! I went out with the 6" coil in 5 tone and thought the mid level tones were a hair "softer". I thought it was just my old ears.

To me, it seemed as tho the targets in the teens were affected the most. I did get a 42 Merc and it banged thru loud and clear.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Updated with the 6” on and killed it at a spot I was already at before the update with the 11”, so not sure which one it was or both. But I won’t be taking my 6” off anytime soon.

Echoplex

Feb 28, 2015
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, MXT All Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today went great my 6” with that update tore it up today. I may never take that 6” off until the make a 8.5”.

The 6" + the update is incredible. I'm not sure I will take it off anytime soon. I'm getting excellent depth from that little coil and it feels like I'm swinging a broomstick. No need to pinpoint with it. VID's lock on hard. Got some nice silvers in the last few days with very little effort in places I have previously pounded. An 8 to 9" elliptical would be a dream, but I am happy with the 6" at the moment.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The 6" + the update is incredible. I'm not sure I will take it off anytime soon. I'm getting excellent depth from that little coil and it feels like I'm swinging a broomstick. No need to pinpoint with it. VID's lock on hard. Got some nice silvers in the last few days with very little effort in places I have previously pounded. An 8 to 9" elliptical would be a dream, but I am happy with the 6" at the moment.

I’m glad you mentioned that because I thought it was just me. That 6” was hitting things clear as a bell at 7” and I’m not exaggerating. I told my buddy I said, “This is a different coil.”
I’m very happy with the 6” now that I have that update. And it was hitting tight....I was hitting nickels left and right and it was locking in much better to where I knew it wasn’t a 12-13 pulltab. War nickel stuck at 14 solid. I’m now a believer in the 6” and like you said Echo it’s like swinging a broomstick I love it.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread