What's new

again with the headphones

  • Thread starter Thread starter digum smacks
  • Start date Start date
D

digum smacks

Guest
after hunting with alot of machines and putting in a ton of time.i just now started thinking on something i never really thought about "headphones" stock vs. pro. i personally think all are terrible.would "good"headphones make the sounds better or is it just a comfort issue.anyone with experience on this one?
 
Upvote 0
Wouldn't really matter for my DF... I guess it would be a comfort thing...
 
I use the black widows on my DFX. I really like these headphones. They are comfortable, I sometimes hunt 10 to 12 hours in a day. They are also good at blocking out the noises around me, like ocean waves, stereos, etc. I would definitely go with pro.


HH
Digger
 
I've noticed a HUGE difference between my old cheap headphones and my Sunray Pro Gold headphones!
I don't think I could go back to a lesser pair of headphones now... I've been spoiled. ;D

Bran <><
 
On one of my older Excall"s i had a pair of Gray Ghost(water proof)Big difference. I just wish Minelab still did Mods,All off them would have Gray Ghost head phones,An different coils. :tongue3:
 
I'm a headphone junkie...used several aftermarket phones and by far the best for me on comfort, blocking ambient noise are the Peltor's Gelpad headphone's conversion, and they retain the original tones of the phones you have removed the tranducers/speakers from,The blocking ability of beach noise of the Peltors is 30 db's, stock excal yellows 12 db's, GG & BW's are set at 24 db's..alot of difference and improvement. {This convert is Mr. GoldMaster's from CJC's excal books}
Here is a short video of the stock excal II headphones Gel seals upgrade, just the pads are removed from the stock phones and replaced with the Silicon Gel pads for more comfort. They run about 32 dollars, not cheap but once you see & feel the difference there worth every penny. Joe/obn

 

Attachments

  • OBN\'s Gels for the Excal Yellows.webp
    OBN\'s Gels for the Excal Yellows.webp
    53.8 KB · Views: 319
  • DSC_0193.webp
    DSC_0193.webp
    26 KB · Views: 313
Great question, I was looking for a finally to the video, and your question tookcare of that
Just dropped them in my GF's saltwater pool, will pull them Friday afternoon and let you know..should be about 48 hours on the bottom. ...thanks Joe
 
Almost 72 hours, submerged...wet & cold, but 100%...OK....joe
 

Attachments

  • 3 days.webp
    3 days.webp
    28.6 KB · Views: 211
  • pull.webp
    pull.webp
    24.5 KB · Views: 218
  • ok.webp
    ok.webp
    23.8 KB · Views: 207
MT Pockets said:
Looks great.. My concern was whether the adhesive would hold up over time. while Constantly getting submerged..
That and U know how great our gulf salt water is on destroying things. Would take more than a dunk or 2 to really find out
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom