What's new

Age before Beauty

undertaker

Hero Member
Joined
May 26, 2006
Messages
562
Reaction score
337
Golden Thread
0
Location
Green Mountains of Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and Whites Bullseye II Pinpointer
I had a couple of hours to kill so I checked out a cornfield that had recently been cut. There was alot of chips but I think Ive flipped most of them at least once before so I was looking for those buried edges. Well one payed off....This is not one of the most beautiful points Ive found but it does have some age. Point ID northeastern otter creek 4000 to 6000 years old....called a big sandy most everywhere else.
 

Attachments

  • 003.webp
    003.webp
    6 KB · Views: 401
Upvote 0
I dont think its made of basalt. Looks like some type of soft layered light gray chert. I found alot of different materials they worked with in this field and some I know where they quarried it from but there's at least 5 materials I have no idear where they came from. And this is one of them.
 
undertaker said:
I had a couple of hours to kill so I checked out a cornfield that had recently been cut. There was alot of chips but I think Ive flipped most of them at least once before so I was looking for those buried edges. Well one payed off....This is not one of the most beautiful points Ive found but it does have some age. Point ID northeastern otter creek 4000 to 6000 years old....called a big sandy most everywhere else.
Big Sandy Indeed
Jeff
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom