Age before Beauty

undertaker

May 26, 2006
Green Mountains of Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and Whites Bullseye II Pinpointer
I had a couple of hours to kill so I checked out a cornfield that had recently been cut. There was alot of chips but I think Ive flipped most of them at least once before so I was looking for those buried edges. Well one payed off....This is not one of the most beautiful points Ive found but it does have some age. Point ID northeastern otter creek 4000 to 6000 years old....called a big sandy most everywhere else.

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    12 KB · Views: 359
Upvote 0
OP
OP
undertaker

undertaker

May 26, 2006
Green Mountains of Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and Whites Bullseye II Pinpointer
I dont think its made of basalt. Looks like some type of soft layered light gray chert. I found alot of different materials they worked with in this field and some I know where they quarried it from but there's at least 5 materials I have no idear where they came from. And this is one of them.

ohioriver hunter

Apr 12, 2007
undertaker said:
I had a couple of hours to kill so I checked out a cornfield that had recently been cut. There was alot of chips but I think Ive flipped most of them at least once before so I was looking for those buried edges. Well one payed off....This is not one of the most beautiful points Ive found but it does have some age. Point ID northeastern otter creek 4000 to 6000 years old....called a big sandy most everywhere else.
Big Sandy Indeed
Jeff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread