What's new

Age?

jdsarasin8194

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2009
Messages
1,160
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
MA
I found this at the tavern site, a top of a make-up thing, does anyone know the what the age of this might be? :dontknow: :help:
 

Attachments

  • Makeup1.webp
    Makeup1.webp
    59.3 KB · Views: 265
  • Makeup2.webp
    Makeup2.webp
    43.4 KB · Views: 267
  • Makeup1.webp
    Makeup1.webp
    59.3 KB · Views: 241
  • Makeup2.webp
    Makeup2.webp
    43.4 KB · Views: 258
Judging by the size of your hands, it's the largest compact I've ever seen; or is that an optical illusion? What is the diameter? Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Breezie said:
Judging by the size of your hands, it's the largest compact I've ever seen; or is that an optical illusion? What is the diameter? Breezie
Hard to tell cause its bent inward but about 3 1/4", I also have small hands seeing how I'm only 15 :laughing7:
 
Upvote 0
jdsarasin8194 said:
Breezie said:
Judging by the size of your hands, it's the largest compact I've ever seen; or is that an optical illusion? What is the diameter? Breezie
Hard to tell cause its bent inward but about 3 1/4", I also have small hands seeing how I'm only 15 :laughing7:

Okay, that explains it, so it is an average size compact. As far as the age is concerned, makeup itself is as old as dirt, but the compact didn't become popular until the beginning of the 20th century. They were really popular in the 1930's & 1940's. I'm putting yours in the late 30's/ 40's era; pre-war. Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Breezie said:
jdsarasin8194 said:
Breezie said:
Judging by the size of your hands, it's the largest compact I've ever seen; or is that an optical illusion? What is the diameter? Breezie
Hard to tell cause its bent inward but about 3 1/4", I also have small hands seeing how I'm only 15 :laughing7:

Okay, that explains it, so it is an average size compact. As far as the age is concerned, makeup itself is as old as dirt, but the compact didn't become popular until the beginning of the 20th century. They were really popular in the 1930's & 1940's. I'm putting yours in the late 30's/ 40's era; pre-war. Breezie
Thanks, so it's a good old find ;D Happy Dance Time :tongue3: :laughing9:
 
Upvote 0
jdsarasin8194 said:
Breezie said:
jdsarasin8194 said:
Breezie said:
Judging by the size of your hands, it's the largest compact I've ever seen; or is that an optical illusion? What is the diameter? Breezie
Hard to tell cause its bent inward but about 3 1/4", I also have small hands seeing how I'm only 15 :laughing7:

Okay, that explains it, so it is an average size compact. As far as the age is concerned, makeup itself is as old as dirt, but the compact didn't become popular until the beginning of the 20th century. They were really popular in the 1930's & 1940's. I'm putting yours in the late 30's/ 40's era; pre-war. Breezie
Thanks, so it's a good old find ;D Happy Dance Time :tongue3: :laughing9:

:thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom