Alabama Relic Hunting

BamaBill

Nov 8, 2006
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 70, AT Pro, Tesoro Tejon, ML X-terra 50
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Is anyone having much luck hunting relics in Alabama these days? I've largely moved my efforts to Southern Tennessee due to the number of sites I've found destroyed by terra farming. Bulldozing land seems to have been a sport in this state during the last 50 years. And, if it hasn't been bulldozed its been hunted so hard its really not worth it. If anybody is having different luck please share or PM me.

Thanks,
Bill W.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I knowww what yer talking about, Bill! :-\ I've got lucky a couple of times and stumbled upon a site or two with some pretty good keepers, but for the most part I seem to always be hunting about 30 years behind the last hunters. :'( This past weekend I hunted not too far from Battleground. I was sooo excited to have permission to hunt there. Couldn't wait to see what I may dig up. Was told that the old homesite was from the 1800's. Got there, hunted for four hours and found a bunch of pennies from the late 60's, one tax token and tons of pull tabs. :P I thought...what is going on!!!!?? I should be finding all kinds of goodies...at least a reed or two? Overall button, maybe? I went out into the pasture and was finding pull tabs at 6, 7, 8 inches? ??? The owner drives up that afternoon and I ask if the place had back fill, maybe? He says, 'No...I don't think so?" Then he says, " AHH...yes it does. I remember in the 60's we hauled probably a foot of dirt around there. And we had the bulldozer out there in the pasture too." :-X
:'(

There are still places though. We just gotta find 'em! ;) Good luck!
Nana

mlhudson

Mar 19, 2006
GADSDEN, ALA.
Detector(s) used
All White's Detectors MXT and IDX_pro, ANY OLD DETECTOR WILL DO
I hunt in central ala. with pretty good luck from time to time . I went yesterday and found some things from the CW era artifacts. BUT for the most part i look for
routes between battle fields " campsites" "stage stops" "ferry landings" "recruit
stations" were they sign up for service. there are alot of places you would not think of unless you put yourself back in time to that period. the places are there
YOU GOT TO RESEARCH A WHOLE LOT. KEEP ON LOOKING IT'S THERE TO BE FOUND HAPPY HUNTING

OP
OP
B

BamaBill

Nov 8, 2006
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 70, AT Pro, Tesoro Tejon, ML X-terra 50
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
MLH, maybe I need to get down to your part of the state. I've been thinking of getting down around Russellville at least. Maybe I can find more camps that haven't been destroyed, but I gotta wonder if the perchant for playing with bulldozers isn't a real common theme down there too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread