What's new

Albums galore

PChammer

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2010
Messages
337
Reaction score
15
Golden Thread
0
Well, I have yet another Q but no A for these. The album...albums? :dontknow: say aeolian vocalion, right. Ok, I can find some information on them but can't find out any information on the record album holders themselves. Also, having a bit of a time with the Mercury hit of the week records, flexible with cardboard backings. I THINK they were made cheap during the depression but I could be wrong. The record "holders" btw, are fairly full of records, some vocalion, others not. The one laying down has no cover.

Thanks!

Paul
 

Attachments

  • voc.webp
    voc.webp
    81.3 KB · Views: 264
  • voc2.webp
    voc2.webp
    71.6 KB · Views: 275
  • voc3.webp
    voc3.webp
    66.3 KB · Views: 269
:icon_thumright:
Thanks for your help on the outboard!!!

~Chris
Cape Coral, :icon_sunny:FL
 

Attachments

  • vocalion.webp
    vocalion.webp
    315 KB · Views: 250
Upvote 0
I don't think the Hit of the Week album belongs in the Mercury sleeve.

"Hit of the Week was a one-sided cardboard record issued by the Durium Products Company during the darkest days of the Great Depression - a time when few people could afford such luxuries as phonograph records. The records, which sold for 15 cents, were distributed through newsstands and featured the popular tunes of the day. A new record was released each Thursday."

http://www.dismuke.org/how/
http://hitoftheweek.blogspot.com/
 

Attachments

  • display.webp
    display.webp
    23.3 KB · Views: 245
Upvote 0
daroofa said:
I don't think the Hit of the Week album belongs in the Mercury sleeve.

"Hit of the Week was a one-sided cardboard record issued by the Durium Products Company during the darkest days of the Great Depression - a time when few people could afford such luxuries as phonograph records. The records, which sold for 15 cents, were distributed through newsstands and featured the popular tunes of the day. A new record was released each Thursday."

http://www.dismuke.org/how/
http://hitoftheweek.blogspot.com/

I think you are correct, I may have the records that do go in the sleeves though, I'll have to look! :wink:

Thanks

Paul
 
Upvote 0
Thanks cjprice and daroofa, I think I have enough info on these, plus I don't feel they are worth any more hassle. :wink: As far as the albums that accompany the holders , it would take far too long for me to look up and I already know they are not highly collected. I may just throw the whole lot on Ebay and be done with it.

We'll call this solved :icon_thumleft:

Thanks again,

Paul
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom