Kantuckkeean
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Apr 30, 2009
- Messages
- 1,620
- Reaction score
- 1,886
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Cornfield, IN
- Detector(s) used
- F-22, cheapo pinpointer
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
So here’s what’s been going on with me. I really like CRHing, this forum, and most of the people here. I can’t CRH much anymore, as my unemployment streak ended and I now work hours that do not allow me to visit banks. So, I miss CRHing.
When I was younger, I broke out a couple of my upper front teeth in a spectacular bicycle accident (think Evil Knievel, only with more balls and altitude). The dentists capped ‘em with a resin that lasted for several years, but then would periodically break off and I need to go in for repairs. Well, last Saturday, I chipped one of them, so I went to the dentist on Monday and we decided that a crown would be a more permanent fix, so we set that up for today. Yesterday, the gums around one of my wisdom teeth began to swell and caused me considerable pain last night (so much so that sleep became impossible). So, I went to the dentist for the crown today, and told them about the wisdom tooth (also mentioning to them that they’re now suspect, since I didn’t have a problem with it before I visited them, and that they may have been the culprits needing job security in these uncertain times). They quickly laughed that off and decided that a costly x-ray of my entire head was necessary (also suspect). So they did a full head x-ray, and I HAVE NO BRAIN!!!! Just kidding, it’s small, but definitely there. What was I…oh, yeah, the x-ray. The wisdom tooth with the infection is, as I suspected, impacted, never even wanted to surface, and the damn thing is completely sideways in my head. These dentists don’t handle that type of complicated extraction, which probably means that whoever does will need to take it out through my lower back and will entail the removal and reassembly of my entire lower jaw and much of my upper neck. They then proceeded to call an oral surgeon and we set up an appointment for tomorrow at 8:30. They then asked how I was feeling. I lied and said that I was good to go as long as I don’t take any anesthetics, so that I could eat a buttload of food later to store up energy for tomorrow’s debacle. We went ahead with the crown, they ground the old tooth to nothing, and after 3 hours of discomfort and several molds taken, they made me a temporary tooth to hold me over until the crown is made and I get that installed in two weeks. I’m feeling like crap, I have no dental insurance, I can’t work, I’ll be spending around two grand on activities that only a masochist would enjoy, and I haven’t had a cigarette in 5 days (blasted Resolutions). So I call in to work to let the boss know what’s going on and that not only would I be out today, but tomorrow as well, and I proceed to go to the bank to withdraw the money to cover the operation. While there, I’m thinkin’ that this is a rare opportunity and shouldn’t be passed up, so I bought a box of nickels to perhaps cheer me up. It’s the first nickel box I’ve searched in ages. It did cheer me up as I found 3 dateless buffalo nickels, and I’m sure that some of the more astute observers here will observe that one of them can be dated. I also found a ‘45D war nickel which I needed for my album. I’m sure that it was the best nickel box I’ve ever bought, although if I recall correctly, I did have one produce 2 buffalos and 3 war nickels. As for my album, I now only lack the elusive ‘50D, ‘38S & ‘38D. I’d also like another ‘39D. The only one that I’ve found was in such nice condition that I couldn’t put it in the album and instead chose to put it in a flip. I’ve said before that buffalo nickels are my favorite American coin, with the possible exception of the incuse quarter and half eagle gold coins of the early 20th century. Thanks for reading my rambles and rants. My next one may not be so coherent as I intend to do some more searching with my good friends Mr. Oxycontin and Ms. Percocet as I recover from the extractions tomorrow. And for those of you who made it all the way to the end, here are some pics as a reward for your hard work. The MS66 ‘38D was a gift.




Kindest regards,
Kantuck
When I was younger, I broke out a couple of my upper front teeth in a spectacular bicycle accident (think Evil Knievel, only with more balls and altitude). The dentists capped ‘em with a resin that lasted for several years, but then would periodically break off and I need to go in for repairs. Well, last Saturday, I chipped one of them, so I went to the dentist on Monday and we decided that a crown would be a more permanent fix, so we set that up for today. Yesterday, the gums around one of my wisdom teeth began to swell and caused me considerable pain last night (so much so that sleep became impossible). So, I went to the dentist for the crown today, and told them about the wisdom tooth (also mentioning to them that they’re now suspect, since I didn’t have a problem with it before I visited them, and that they may have been the culprits needing job security in these uncertain times). They quickly laughed that off and decided that a costly x-ray of my entire head was necessary (also suspect). So they did a full head x-ray, and I HAVE NO BRAIN!!!! Just kidding, it’s small, but definitely there. What was I…oh, yeah, the x-ray. The wisdom tooth with the infection is, as I suspected, impacted, never even wanted to surface, and the damn thing is completely sideways in my head. These dentists don’t handle that type of complicated extraction, which probably means that whoever does will need to take it out through my lower back and will entail the removal and reassembly of my entire lower jaw and much of my upper neck. They then proceeded to call an oral surgeon and we set up an appointment for tomorrow at 8:30. They then asked how I was feeling. I lied and said that I was good to go as long as I don’t take any anesthetics, so that I could eat a buttload of food later to store up energy for tomorrow’s debacle. We went ahead with the crown, they ground the old tooth to nothing, and after 3 hours of discomfort and several molds taken, they made me a temporary tooth to hold me over until the crown is made and I get that installed in two weeks. I’m feeling like crap, I have no dental insurance, I can’t work, I’ll be spending around two grand on activities that only a masochist would enjoy, and I haven’t had a cigarette in 5 days (blasted Resolutions). So I call in to work to let the boss know what’s going on and that not only would I be out today, but tomorrow as well, and I proceed to go to the bank to withdraw the money to cover the operation. While there, I’m thinkin’ that this is a rare opportunity and shouldn’t be passed up, so I bought a box of nickels to perhaps cheer me up. It’s the first nickel box I’ve searched in ages. It did cheer me up as I found 3 dateless buffalo nickels, and I’m sure that some of the more astute observers here will observe that one of them can be dated. I also found a ‘45D war nickel which I needed for my album. I’m sure that it was the best nickel box I’ve ever bought, although if I recall correctly, I did have one produce 2 buffalos and 3 war nickels. As for my album, I now only lack the elusive ‘50D, ‘38S & ‘38D. I’d also like another ‘39D. The only one that I’ve found was in such nice condition that I couldn’t put it in the album and instead chose to put it in a flip. I’ve said before that buffalo nickels are my favorite American coin, with the possible exception of the incuse quarter and half eagle gold coins of the early 20th century. Thanks for reading my rambles and rants. My next one may not be so coherent as I intend to do some more searching with my good friends Mr. Oxycontin and Ms. Percocet as I recover from the extractions tomorrow. And for those of you who made it all the way to the end, here are some pics as a reward for your hard work. The MS66 ‘38D was a gift.




Kindest regards,
Kantuck
Upvote
0
. I hope everything turns out all right!






