What's new

All found in one hole

johnrelichunter

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2008
Messages
33
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
grove city pa
Detector(s) used
whites spectrum
Any ideas guys I was digging the smaller metal figurines when out popped the big one.It is stone of some kind.Jade?
 

Attachments

  • 010.webp
    010.webp
    116.9 KB · Views: 542
  • 019.webp
    019.webp
    267.8 KB · Views: 391
I dont know what it is but its a very cool find.
 
Upvote 0
Hi John, I have found quite a few of the same type of figures here on the beach. It seems Indians have some kind of religeous holiday when they leave/bury figures of there Gods in the ground. Try looking up "Indian elephant gods", the one I find over here is "Ganesha".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ganesha


hammered
 
Upvote 0
Just earlier today, I was researching 'ancient Indian game pieces' and found what I think you may have on "An Encyclopedia of Indian Archaeology" on Google Books.
Wish I could find the exact page, but...
Best of luck - they look just like the ones shown and described in this book. (I was trying to find carved bone game pieces...)
 
Upvote 0
They are hindu. The one symbol is upside down. It is Om. You know, like Ooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmm. And repeat. Pretty groovy, although maybe your karma would be better if you put them back. I'm just sayin.
 
Upvote 0
you found all of this in one spot, a hole?
Jade?
Need to start hanging around you.....
Brady
 
Upvote 0
hammered said:
Hi John, I have found quite a few of the same type of figures here on the beach. It seems Indians have some kind of religeous holiday when they leave/bury figures of there Gods in the ground. Try looking up "Indian elephant gods", the one I find over here is "Ganesha".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ganesha


hammered
yea this sounds most likely. :( It seems I remember someone else finding these on the beach. http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,158008.0.html
 
Upvote 0
Maybe the big one is Kubera , the Hindu god of wealth and buried treasure, king of the Yaksha. Yaksha are powerful earth deities. They guard the world's wealth, such as gold and silver.

Better keep diggin.
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
hammered said:
Hi John, I have found quite a few of the same type of figures here on the beach. It seems Indians have some kind of religeous holiday when they leave/bury figures of there Gods in the ground. Try looking up "Indian elephant gods", the one I find over here is "Ganesha".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ganesha


hammered
yea this sounds most likely. :( It seems I remember someone else finding these on the beach. http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,158008.0.html


This one looks like the ones I find, the one called "Ganesha". I will try to take a photo of one that I found recently and post tomorrow :icon_thumleft:


hammered
 

Attachments

  • 010.webp
    010.webp
    5.9 KB · Views: 441
Upvote 0
cool finds :thumbsup:,i might would put them all back in one hole !! :laughing7:
 
Upvote 0
dscott67 said:
cool finds :thumbsup:,i might would put them all back in one hole !! :laughing7:

Do archaeologists bury their finds back in the hole after they find them?

Maybe they are just atheists.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom