twistidd
Bronze Member
- #1
Thread Owner
So I had an appointment to see an orthopedic doctor this morning so that he can assess my hand. Well, the stitches came out, no problem.
However, after looking at my hand and taking more X-rays, he told me my hand would not only require reconstructive surgery to fix the tendon that was damaged (I thought it wasn't...surprise!), but also physical therapy and a minimum of six more weeks in the splint. I'm going back to the doctor tomorrow for another follow-up, then for surgery either Wednesday or Thursday.
I'm also planning on going back to the bottle dump with an aluminum baseball bat and suit of armor and turning that bottle back into sand.
On a more positive note- I headed out to the woods with Mikewaz, watercolor, and DPS Bob (just missed kimsdad...oops), just for a little while. I found a rocking horse Cracker Jack toy and a 1920 wheatie. I am anxious to get out once my hand is back to normal and the weather warms up. I had a great time Sunday, I want to get out with you guys again soon!
Joe
However, after looking at my hand and taking more X-rays, he told me my hand would not only require reconstructive surgery to fix the tendon that was damaged (I thought it wasn't...surprise!), but also physical therapy and a minimum of six more weeks in the splint. I'm going back to the doctor tomorrow for another follow-up, then for surgery either Wednesday or Thursday.
I'm also planning on going back to the bottle dump with an aluminum baseball bat and suit of armor and turning that bottle back into sand.
On a more positive note- I headed out to the woods with Mikewaz, watercolor, and DPS Bob (just missed kimsdad...oops), just for a little while. I found a rocking horse Cracker Jack toy and a 1920 wheatie. I am anxious to get out once my hand is back to normal and the weather warms up. I had a great time Sunday, I want to get out with you guys again soon!
Joe

So sorry to hear about the new development there. Will keep you in my prayers for a speedy recovery and return to treasure hunting!
) doctor as you know, but maybe ask a stupid question like " can I have this done in a month or 6 weeks" and see if that might work. My son cut the tendon on his finger last summer so he had a trip to the emergency room. They stitched him up, put a splint on it and that was that. He had to wear the splint for a few weeks, and after he removed it, his fingertip was still hanging down a little. After a few more weeks it went back to normal. Just something to think about.....especially if thet tell you they can fix it down the road if it doesn't heal properly.






