CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went down to grandmas old home spot and hit the relic jackpot. As you can see the double sided axehead (first one ever for me, must have found near two dozen axeheads in my time detecting and none were double sided) is the topper of the day. Don't know how good a find it is really but they have not been common for me. And got one really nice wheat penny a 1919 - D. Thanks for looking and Happy Hunts! CARM

Attachments

• 4_10_2012 @grans 1st dbl sided axe.JPG
    4_10_2012 @grans 1st dbl sided axe.JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 197
  • 4_10_2012 @gras 1919d.JPG
    4_10_2012 @gras 1919d.JPG
    119 KB · Views: 725
  • 4_10_2012 @gras 1919d rev.JPG
    4_10_2012 @gras 1919d rev.JPG
    127.7 KB · Views: 250
Upvote 0

Papa Bear

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2011
Western Territories
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Teknetics G2, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A 1919 D is nothing to make fun of. The oldest wheatie I have is a 1916. I am still looking for my first axe head. I have to admire your creative/artistic streak with your finds. Well done!! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
CoinandRelicMan

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the reply Papa 8-)!These finds all came from the area between the barn and the potato garden area and the penny came from the area between the potato garden and the road, which is just a small swatch or area.

Have been thinking about the good old days when I was young at grandmas. Did my very first real metal detecting there with grandma watching. Had a Bounty Hunter B.F.O. machine. Don't think it found much other than a few Indian head pennies. But I did tons of digging up trash. The detector didn't get much depth tho so a small digging tool was all I needed. I recall the whole front yard being brown with dirt for a while. And I don't even recall anyone complaining. Gramps was probably glad because he didn't have to mow for a while I bet! Happy Hunting! CARM

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread