What's new

All silver 90%

Fropa

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2007
Messages
511
Reaction score
29
Golden Thread
0
Location
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
I've had 8 skunk boxes in a row, but I got a nice surprise when I opened this box.

20JUN08_Box.jpg


It was looking like the Walker might be the only silver but then my wife and I each found a 1964-D near the end of the box. No 40% in the box. We also found a 1974-D DDO and a 2005-P. I think this is the first box I've had that all the silver was 90%.

20JUN08_Total.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Fropa,

Way to go! That walker and 90's will get you out of skunkland in no time. Congrats! Keep it coming.
 
I see you also got one from FREAKIN BLACK DOT GUY too!@!!!!!!!!lol
 
I see you have a Brinks box there. My last load consisted of 6 Brinks Boxes, and a lot of them looked like yours. I wonder if a hoard somehow made it into their hoppers recently!

Good find!
 
STDevil said:
I see you have a Brinks box there. My last load consisted of 6 Brinks Boxes, and a lot of them looked like yours. I wonder if a hoard somehow made it into their hoppers recently!

Good find!
It might not be Brinks box. Mine look just like that but are from a different company.
 
Thanks everybody.

Finding a walker will always brighten up your day.

This box had a bunch of different marks: black dots, different colored lines, one had hydrant man and one had Boston written on them, and I always get a bunch that have the date they were searched by someone else written on them.

I'm not sure if these are Brinks or not. They are brown with dark brown print but no markings or dates on them.
 
Silver_Fox said:
STDevil said:
I see you have a Brinks box there. My last load consisted of 6 Brinks Boxes, and a lot of them looked like yours. I wonder if a hoard somehow made it into their hoppers recently!

Good find!
It might not be Brinks box. Mine look just like that but are from a different company.


Yep-
Brinks rolls will say Brinks on their wrapper.
 
I might be missing something here, but what is so good about a 2005P half dollar? Not silver according to my redbook and I have a few myself which show the copper on the rim. They don't seem to be rare for me to find either...relatively low mintage but many more years that are lower...seems like not really worth even saving. I think it may be worth 5 dollars in MS-63, 50 years from now. Or maybe five-hundred dollars counting inflation =P
 
Treasure-Slut said:
I might be missing something here, but what is so good about a 2005P half dollar? Not silver according to my redbook and I have a few myself which show the copper on the rim. They don't seem to be rare for me to find either...relatively low mintage but many more years that are lower...seems like not really worth even saving. I think it may be worth 5 dollars in MS-63, 50 years from now. Or maybe five-hundred dollars counting inflation =P

Yes you are right. They are simply (NIFC) Not Intended For Circulation. Low mintage means rarity......50-100 years from now. They were purchased at a premium. And somehow made it into circulation just like proofs do.

Mojo
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom