What's new

All silver in box 1964 3/30/09

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2008
Messages
4,291
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Last week I stopped at a bank looking for halves and the teller told me that he could order me some. Now since they have come out with these unstamped boxes I stopped buying them,but since I never got boxes from this bank before, I decided to try a couple of boxes.
I picked them up today,checked the bottom of the box for a stamp and there was none. Needless to say I was not in any rush to go home to check out what should be skunk boxes.

I hit a couple of banks scoring a lone 1967 Kennedy and decided to call it a day.

A soon as I got home I opened box number one and it was as expected a skunk.

I opened box number two and I almost fell out of my chair. My heart started racing,beads of sweat started to form on my forehead,my hands were trembling. How could this be? In an unstamped half box! ALL OF THE SILVER WAS DATED 1964 !!!!
That single 1964 Silver edge sparkled like a diamond among a sea of rust colored clad.
I had finally found a keeper in an unstamped box.
So I guess there is silver in the unstamped boxes,but I won't be buying them anytime in the near future.
 
Upvote 0
Rich, did you mean you pulled one 1964 out of the box? or that all of them were 64's? I hit a lucky box today it was the same type of boxes but this one had a letter witten on it instead of a number. It was written in Black Sharpee. Pulled 36 silvers out of it. Don't give up just yet.

Golden Silver
 
1 more to add to your stash keep hammering away and u are bound to hit some keepers , Ed
 
Great haul. I haven't gotten a 1970 yet. I'm not giving up yet just waiting to see if more of the unstamped boxes do well before I get any.
 
Holy crap, GS. Do you think Rich would be alive to post on TNet if he opened a solid box of silver? I know that I would crap my pants followed by a heart attack.
 
I'd get shart my pants if I found more than two dozen !
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom