Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have had some recent hits, wanted to share...

I learned this pin is Victorian and in the style of "taille d'epargne". 10K gold tested. Super cool piece. $2

18K gold ring, $2! Love the 18K AND 750 hallmark. This mfg is serious about their gold! haha

Then I bought a bag at a sale for $25 because I saw a couple bits of sterling. To my delight there were also 3 pieces of gold. These are all 14K and the cross diamonds tested as the real McCoy!

Good huntin 'n good luck! It's out there.

Last edited:

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice scores! I really like that top brooch too. I love finding antique jewelry. People my age want nothing to do with it so it's pretty easy to get it for a good price. Looks like you did get all the way around!

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The sterling pin is Masonic. Order of the Eastern Star if my memory serves... The brooch in the first picture is beautiful! I have a necklace inherited from my grandmother that is similar in styling except it a locket on a huge chain.

Ill get a picture sometime because it looks like something a rapper should be wearing and not my grandmother

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love finding antique jewelry. People my age want nothing to do with it so it's pretty easy to get it for a good price.
I guess I should move to the west coast then! Antique jewelry is very hot right now and on this side of the state you have to throw elbows to get any of it, if your lucky enough to lay eyes on it to begin with. Consider yourself very lucky to live where you do. Nothing but man-eating sharks in the water over here.

DFW_THer - That Victorian bar pin is a great find and the rest isn't bad either! Congrats on those great finds.

ps- You two guys are making me jealous with all this nice old jewelry being shown these past couple days. I think it's because I haven't had a good jewelry score myself in a while. My last 14k gold find cost me $100 a few weeks ago. It was for a 7.3 gram koi ring. Not a bad price, but a single find nonetheless. I'm way overdue for a good score and the season is almost here.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice group of finds.

Top Member Reactions