What's new

Almost Right time but Right place

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 14, 2008
Messages
1,184
Reaction score
282
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out for dumping today and after finishing dumping I decided to check a couple of banks where I know for sure tellers are not silver hoarders or coin collectors. First bank I went into, "Do you have any halves?", she replys: "Yes, I have $49, but they are loose, in a bag. What dates are you looking for?" "Oh, I will buy the whole bag and if you have a spare box of nickels, I want to buy a box".
On the way to my car, I spotted a Walker inside the plastic baggie. My heart rate got faster. Once inside my car, I dumped the halves out on the passenger seat, I found 3 silver modern proofes (2001s, 2002s, 2003s), 1 walker, 6 40%, 1 clad proof. The walker is in AU condition and is the best condition of walker I found in the wild. I immediately went back and ask her: "What other coins did that same customer bring to you with those halves?" "He also brought some bald dollars but other customer bought them". This makes me wondering, since there are collectable coins in the halves, there may be some collectable coins in the Ikes too. So it was not the perfect timing, but I did catch something. As a collector, I had a very nice time! Happy Hunting Everyone!

P1161654.webp

P1161668.webp

P1161667.webp
 
Upvote 0
Man I really need to get into doing a road trip every month or so.

Some of these find are really nice.
 
The rim alone is a sight to behold on that Walker, do not think have ever sen one like it from the wild.

I too have now 5 Banks that KNOW the tellers do not search and when they get'em I get'em; one bags them- it took some effort & perseverance to get them to sell them to me too. Found 5 walkers in one of their Bags once too, but they were nothin like your beauty.
 
Very nice funds. I did find a bank and the lady said I have a old half if you want it, so I know there is no silver searchers there. It was my recent 49 S Ben.
 
Nice finds, I love finding proofs. Walkers are hard to come across
 
Can you say, "beautiful?"
apush
 
That is an extremely good looking walker. Beatiful. Keep ittttttttttttttttttttt.

Also the modern silver proofs.

Just one question. Are the Silver proofs 40% or 90%

Darth Walker
 
About your 1943 Walker
The finest Uncirculated examples graded by PCGS are 3 MS-68's.
1943 HALF DOLLAR
Mintage:
Circulation strikes: 53,190,000
Proofs: 0
Designer: Adolph Alexander Weinman
Diameter: ±30 millimeters
Metal content:
Silver - 90%
Copper - 10%
Weight: ±193 grains (±12.5 grams)
Edge: Reeded
Mintmark: None (for Philadelphia, PA)

Some Sales
Gem Brilliant Uncirculated. Ex- Stack's "The September Sale", September 12-13, 2000, Lot 562 @$86.25

Gem Brilliant Uncirculated. Ex- Stack's "The September Sale", September 12-13, 2000, Lot 563 @$92.00
 
Darth Walker said:
Just one question. Are the Silver proofs 40% or 90%

Darth Walker

DW, all the modern silver proofes after 1991 are made with 90% silver.
 
I need to sit down.... :o

Oh wait I am sitting down... :icon_scratch:

Great finds !! :icon_thumleft: :headbang:

Keep @ It and HH !! ;D :D
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom