What's new

Always Amazed With Dry Sand Finds

SoCalBeachScanner

Hero Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2013
Messages
610
Reaction score
547
Golden Thread
0
Location
Coastal Orange County, CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX, AT Pro, ProPointer, and a weirdly good sense of direction
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
-
Items are from about seven dry sand hunts, 2-3 hours each, at five different beaches, over the last month using my VLF. There is several silver items in that mess and I found my first gold coin ... too bad it's a foil wrapped chocolate gold coin :)

That MP3 player works, that blow torch is full, those two silver dollars were found close to each other at Long Beach right after the Long Beach Grand Prix, that totally thrashed dollar bill came up with a deep coin, tokens, and foreign coins. I also found at least $50 in clad coins not shown and who knows what else.

Thanks for Looking ... Happy Hunting

001.webp--002.webp--003.webp

004.webp--005.webp--006.webp


Early this morning, I found this sitting at the top of the cliff next to an American Flag at the Huntington Beach Dog Beach. I did notify the authorities to rescue him before he made it to PCH.

007.webp--008.webp
 
Upvote 0
Love using the VLF in the dry sand...thanks for reporting the seal.
 
Nothing wrong with that. Id flip if I saw a seal in the wild. Congrats
 
Cool finds! Thanks for sharing. The pregnancy test, haha.
 
Cool finds! Thanks for sharing. The pregnancy test, haha.

Yeah, that pregnancy test kit was a first for me ... although, I always find the items used to prevent the use of the test kit.

I think doing it on a Lifeguard Tower must be on people's bucket list. I find more earrings in the sand straight down the side of the platform of the Lifeguard Tower.
 
The absolute worst find I ever made under the dry sand was a dirty diaper with "something" metal in it. I wasn't about to retrieve it! :laughing7:
 
Wow! How's your scoop arm? That's a lot of scooping! Congrats! :headbang:
What might the gold coin thing be, (Please say gold coin, please say gold coin)...? :hello2:
 
Wow! How's your scoop arm? That's a lot of scooping! Congrats! :headbang:
What might the gold coin thing be, (Please say gold coin, please say gold coin)...? :hello2:

Hi Ms Beepx2 ... thanks for your post, my scoop arm is fine using a swing scoop in dry sand. It's when I use my ATX in the wet sand & water with a step-on scoop that kills me having to scoop to China. Yes! It is a Gold Coin, but it smells like chocolate :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom