Always the in the Last Hole Dug

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whenever I lose my keys or glasses, my wife tells me I will find them in the last place I look and she is always right.

Tonight managed to get out to local subdivision athletic field despite my complaints about local MD friendliness and got a little digging in. Found the requisite clad, a coat hook, some costume jewelry rhinestones, and in the last hole, just as the people were letting Cujo loose to tear me apart in the far corner of the field because they did not see me digging my plug, I pulled out this heavy chained crucifix. The metal was tarnished and burnt like the clad and rang up a solid 56 on the Deus at 8 khz (thought it was a nickel or gold ring the signal was so clean). Must be brass or copper, I suppose. Any ideas would be welcome. How can I verify the composition?

Apparently, besides losing things, I have trouble putting together coherent thread titles also...

20170226_211944.jpg20170226_211953.jpg20170226_212000.jpg

Last edited:
Any advice on how to clean up that chain if brass or copper? Thanks.

I'm no help with your questions but those are some neat finds.

That's an odd one. I would tend to think it's gold also with what it rang up.

The test kit you can get cheap on-line. Wish I could help more but the one or two pieces of jewelry I get a year is purely accidental.

Great find though:icon_thumright:

Thanks. It was practically dark when I pulled it. I new it was a chain and saw the crucifix and with the 56 TID ring up I thought gold and shoved it into my pouch before the dog got to me. But when I got to my car, it was apparent with the tarnish that it was not, but I don't pull a lot of jewelry either. When I got home, dropped the chain on the lawn and it rang up a solid and pure sounding 56. The few gold rings I've dug come out of the ground real purtty. Looking online for brass chain jewelry to see if I can find a similar link pattern. And will investigate cleaning methods. I'll take any suggestions. Thanks for the looks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back