What's new

Am I toting the Best I can Get?

M-Taliesin

Full Member
Joined
Apr 22, 2009
Messages
181
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
Aurora, Colorado
Detector(s) used
White's MXT 300/Sun Ray Probe, White's MXT Pro/Sun Ray Probe, White's Spectra V3i/Sun Ray Probe!
Howdy Folks!
I've been a loyal and dedicated user of White's metal detectors since I got started in this hobby.
(check my sig file to see the list of units I have)

Lately I've been questioning whether I have invested my money wisely in buying from a single source.
I've come to question whether my loyalty is being rewarded as well as it can be. Am I getting all the
performance I deserve for the money I've spent?

So I'm here to ask you folks what machine you think is the best one can buy when hunting in a
variety of circumstances.

What's the best for beach hunting?
What the best for hunting gold nuggets?
Whats the best for hunting gold jewelry?
What machine gets the best depth?
What machine is good in mineralized soil?

The machines I bought from White's are great, but are they giving me the best performance I can get?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions or ideas.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin
 
That's a tough one. Whites are great performers but no one detector will do the best job in all circumstances. No matter which detector you get there will be another one that's better at any given job. For a general detector your MXT is high on the list, as good as my DFX given the simplicity and I expect better than my AT Pro which I've only been able to get out with once so far. Then there's the issue of weight. If weight is an issue there are no doubt comparable machines the are lighter. There are just too many factors involved to say this one or that one are the best. At the moment I have a DFX and an AT Pro and I'm seriously considering a Tesoro Vaquero for the light weight and reportedly high level performance. With the V I'd be giving up bells and whistles I find handy but, like anything, it's a trade off for the light weight and simplicity. I think to get a really meaningful increase in performance over your Whites you'd need to ditch the usual suspects and move up to really big dollar professional gear. Just my two cents.
 
I'll go with the "Minelab" reply lol.

Beach - Excalibur II (or soveriegn if staying in dry sand)

Gold nuggets - GPX 5000 (very expensive! there's lower,slightly cheaper models though.)

Last 3 - E-trac

:wink:
 
F75 is the best of the affordable detectors.
GPX 4500-5000 if you have money to burn.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom