What's new

Amber slag ID... Road Dog?

cheese

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2005
Messages
3,337
Reaction score
1,105
Golden Thread
0
Location
South Georgia
I picked this up today in a lot of other marbles. It's an amber slag, 11/16". To me, the 9 on it says MFC or Akro, but the seam leads me to CAC, so I don't know what to think. Any help?
IMAG0989 (1).webpIMAG0988.webpIMAG0990.webp
 
Thanks. I think you're right. I'm not very familiar with slags other than akro and later pelts, but I think some MFCs had cut lines like this one does.
 
Thank you! Not all MFCs have noticeable cut lines though, right?
 
They all have shear marks. Some more pronounced than others. Some got more smoothed out when they were on the rollers. Harder to spot if there is clear where the mark is.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom