- Joined
- Mar 16, 2011
- Messages
- 15,103
- Reaction score
- 20,193
- Golden Thread
- 1
- Location
- San Diego
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 1
- Detector(s) used
- Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 2 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
I found this clump of ammunition today at a local beach! It's close to Camp Pendleton so probably got away from them during one of their war games. Live rounds but no bullets. Probably blanks or maybe tracers. They have a variety of letters and numbers stamped on the head. WA54, TW54 SL54, LC54, Etc. This clump probably weighs 35-40 lbs! I don't know age or usage at this point. Maybe one of you weapons experts might know?
Attachments
Upvote
14
In this case, I only took home some of the bits that broke off. You can see them on the left and right in the photo. It was about a mile and half trek uphill to the truck, so, the thought of lugging that load that far after several hours of detecting, made me think twice about it. I reburied the rest back where I found it. I may go back later to retrieve it. There isn't any vehicle access to that area, so, I'd have to pack it out.






