An Awesome Trip to my Uncles in San Diego County CA (17 Pics)

Ashman

Apr 11, 2012
Sun City Cali
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro & F75-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An Awesome Trip to my Uncle's in San Diego County CA (17 Pics)

An Awesome Trip to my Uncle's in San Diego County CA.

A few weeks ago I was invited by Uncle to come stay the night and do some Metal Detecting around what he was told was an old stagecoach stop just up the hill from his house.

We had access to over 300+ acres there to Metal Detect and now thanks to my newest hobby, we did some rock hunting as well. Spent most of the time rock hunting or mostly looking at different areas close to his house. This is all private land. I had never seen so many different veins of what looked like quartz. Alof of it the quartz looked like little plates stacked on top of each other. Those were 5 or 6 of these running up and down and a foot to 3 feet wide in some areas. Then there was a vein a few inches tall/thick that ran through the hill side that connected to all the vertical running veins, really cool looking. Hopefully you can see what I am trying to explain in one of the pictures below.

It was a great time and I was told that I have permission and I am free to come back as much as I want. Now I just need to figure out where to start and when I am going back, its a little less then a 2 hour drive each direction, not that far at all.

These were all picked up off the ground as we were walking around.

1.JPG 1a.JPG 1b.JPG

1c.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG

3a.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG

6.JPG 7.JPG 7a.jpg

7b.jpg 7b1.jpg 7c.jpg

8.JPG 8d.jpg

MrLee

Mar 25, 2012
Tokyo & OC
Detector(s) used
Google Earth, BS Detector, $$
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First 3 are Black Tourmaline, Schorl in quartz, feldspar and possibly orthoclase. Where ever you found those I would set up shop and dig. If you are anywhere near Pala south to Julian and out to Anza Borrego I would definitely be digging for tourmaline & beryl. Detecting around that old ruin could yield some finds.

One of the pictures looks like it could be a chalcedony rose with slight fire agate tint to it. Inland San Diego has fire agate, chalcedony and geodes up the wazoo.

Good Luck!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread