Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The field I have been detecting gave up some awesome relics this week. Had a hail storm come through one evening when I was in the middle of the field and fortunately, I had a ski cap on and a hood on my jacket. Must have been an omen as I found another Roman coin shortly after the hail stopped and the Romans were not settled here. I was only able to detect 1/3 of the field and I am not sure if I will get back to it as I will be moving over the next few weeks. Here is a beautiful church I passed most days on my drive to and from work, digital camera could not take a nice picture but here it is.
9Mar07schweinchurch.jpg

Here are the better finds. Also have a handful of worn copper coins, buttons, relics and a few clay marbles. The lead finds, 3 musket balls, a possible spindle whorl, two lead seals and a lead tag with no markings.
9Mar07lead.jpg

A homemade buckle, an old cracked thimble and another buckle.
9Mar07buckles.jpg

A large encrusted religious pendant.
9Mar07relpen.jpg

A poor condition swastika pin, pin is also intact, it will not clean up as it is made of zinc.
9Mar07Swaspin.jpg

A beat up aluminum swastika buckle but this is the nicest buckle of this type I have found of 3-4.
9Mar07Swasbuckle.jpg

Obverse of a large Roman bronze Sestertius, very worn.
9Mar07ses1O.jpg

Reverse of the Sestertius, looks like it had a building on it.
9Mar07ses1R.jpg

Another Roman bronze Sestertius encrusted with a patina that may have helped to preserve it. The obverse, appears to be a bust facing left.
9Mar07ses2O.jpg

Reverse looks to have two people standing.
9Mar07ses2R.jpg

A nice silver coin dated 1687 with St. Kilian (Kilianus Sanctus) on the obverse holding a sword to the left and scepter to the right. Cleaned it with a toothpick and silver cleaner.
9Mar07sil1687O.jpg

Reverse of the silver coin, date of 1687 in the middle divided by a coat of arms. I have not researched it much and do not know where it is from. I had a good week! HH, Mike
9Mar07sil1687R.jpg

Upvote 0
nice luftwaffe buckle!!! That looks like a ww2 marksman badge to me. I have my grandfathers from ww2 (he flew b29s).. looks the same, even has a stearling mark on the back too. Lots of good finds!! I hope the weather stays nice for awhile so I can go digging myself! HH!

Very nice relics and coins Mike. Tsgman

I love reading your post, but I think they are detrimental to my health because I want to beat my head against my desk every time I see all the cool stuff you find.

I'm REALLY liking that pic of the church! Very unique! 8) And of course your finds are always the best! Congrats!!!!

Nana :)

More great stuff. At least this silver coin is not bent. ;)

Too bad that stuff is so old. Otherwise it would look nicer. ;) :D :D

Bob

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back