An odd but satisfying day

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
As twilight approached late this afternoon, I realized that I was experiencing something very odd. I had found a buffalo (undated), 42 Mercury, three silver Roosevelts and a 46 Washington, but I hadn't found a wheat penny. I'm still searching my church/homesite, and figured that the area I was in today would yield mostly clad, and it did, but five pieces of silver and a buffalo nickel were a pleasant surprise. But who finds that much silver without finding some wheaties, too? Finally, the last coin I pulled was a 29 wheat, but still, what an odd ratio!

Upvote 0

markgPA

Jan 13, 2006
Bethlehem, PA
Detector(s) used
Whites PrizmV, Minelab Explorer SE
That sounds like a terrible problem with only one wheat to go with all that silver! Good stuff.
HH
Mark G

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
markgPA said:
That sounds like a terrible problem with only one wheat to go with all that silver! Good stuff.
HH
Mark G

yeah really! i wish i had that problem. most of my better sites are the other way around, tons of wheats with an occasional piece of silver! nice finds!

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
I cant tell you how I wish I had your problem....What a great day for you! I am sure you arent done with that site either.

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job! Silver is always nice to find! Tsgman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread