What's new

An old find

tnmudman

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2017
Messages
709
Reaction score
1,537
Golden Thread
0
Location
middle tennessee
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I found this point about 25 years ago, it was mixed in with a bunch of brokes is the only reason its not gone.I went back through what remained from my old stuff and was pleasantly surprised to find this guy. I love the color of the material,its got a pretty steep bevel on one side from sharpening I suppose it must have been bigger at one time. Found in Warren co. Tn, I would love to here any thoughts on type etc. I have no idea, but I really like this peice, its one from 1116171807.webp1116171806a.webp1116171809.webp1116171812a.webp1116171812b.webp my old collection.
 
Upvote 0
That is a nice find some great flaking on it. What do you mean it being mixed in is reason it's not gone ?? Theft or something ?
 
Like the piece a lot,nice color and shape. Sure didn't belong with the brokes, glad you found it.
 
Danged sweet lil' point that I'd be thrilled to find. I want to say Paleo, but really don't know. The first picture seems to show best what appears to be a definite hafting area. Any basal grinding?
 
Arrow I sold my collection that I had years ago, all my stuff in cases went ,for some reason this was with some brokes and misc. items in a bag I got them out out and looked through them and got a nice surprise. The base isnt ground far as I can tell
. Im going to post some more pics taken in natural light1117170834b.webp1117170834b.webp1117170834.webp
 
Hang on to that one, put it in a better box, it’s a nice one!
 
Little killer!
 
It could have been a scraper.... I have a couple of rounded ones like that

Sent from my A571VL using Tapatalk
 
Thats a great looking point. Glad you were able to save it from your collection.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom