ANCIENT CITY FOUND IN EGYPT.......

Jose The Goon

Apr 1, 2017
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000D, 6000Di, Eagle, & PI 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
.......BIGGEST FIND SINCE KING TUT: https://www.timesofisrael.com/egypt-announces-discovery-of-untouched- 3000-year-old-lost-golden-city/

Apologies to the moderators. I don't know if this is the proper Forum to put this but...........

.... "Archaeologists hail unearthing near Luxor of ‘largest ancient city,’ call it the most important discovery since tomb of
Tutankhamun and a window into the ancient world".

" Items of jewelry such as rings have been unearthed, along with colored pottery vessels, scarab beetle amulets, and
mud bricks bearing seals of Amenhotep III."
“ The mission expects to uncover untouched tombs filled with treasures,”

" Many foreign missions searched for this city and never found it,” said Hawass, a former antiquities minister. "

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.......BIGGEST FIND SINCE KING TUT: https://www.timesofisrael.com/egypt-announces-discovery-of-untouched- 3000-year-old-lost-golden-city/

Apologies to the moderators. I don't know if this is the proper Forum to put this but...........

.... "Archaeologists hail unearthing near Luxor of ‘largest ancient city,’ call it the most important discovery since tomb of
Tutankhamun and a window into the ancient world".

" Items of jewelry such as rings have been unearthed, along with colored pottery vessels, scarab beetle amulets, and
mud bricks bearing seals of Amenhotep III."
“ The mission expects to uncover untouched tombs filled with treasures,”

" Many foreign missions searched for this city and never found it,” said Hawass, a former antiquities minister. "

Perfect spot to put it and thanks, I love early Egyptian history, bet there are some fantastic finds yet to be revealed.

OP
OP
Jose The Goon

Jose The Goon

Apr 1, 2017
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000D, 6000Di, Eagle, & PI 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Dr. Hawass has updated the discoveries. More than 100 tombs found.
LINK with Dr. Hawass video explanation : https://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/dest...gypt-archaeologists-unearth-110-ancient-tombs

" Egyptian archaeologists have unearthed 110 burial tombs at an ancient site in a Nile Delta province.

The graves, some of which have human remains inside, were found at the Koum el-Khulgan archaeological site in Dakahlia province, around 150km northeast of Cairo, the Tourism and Antiquities Ministry said Tuesday.

This is of real interest to me.
They include 68 oval-shaped tombs dating back to the Predynastic Period that spanned from 6000-3150 BC, the ministry said.

There are also 37 rectangular-shaped tombs from an ancient era known as the Second Intermediate Period (1782-1570 BC), when the Semitic people of Hyksos ruled ancient Egypt, the ministry added. "

" Archaeologists also found human remains of adults and children and funerary equipment and pottery objects in these tombs, the ministry said.

The discovery is the latest in a series of archaeological discoveries in recent years for which Egypt has sought publicity in the hopes of reviving its tourism sector. Tourism has been badly hurt by the turmoil following a 2011 uprising and now the coronavirus pandemic. "

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
thanks, i wonder if the people that had lived there through the centuries,
kept track of who is in the tombs, or even aware of the tombs

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread