Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I decided to go back to the spot in the alley where I found a Walker last Tuesday. There was a section about 10-12 feet by 5 feet that was crazy with roofing nails, so I decided to take my fishing magnet and try to get enough nails out to see if something was hiding under there. It was a lot of effort, and very dirty, only to find a 1968 Canadian penny.
Feeling a bit deflated, I was heading back to the car when I got a squeaky 50-55 jumping around. The Legend wasn't offering up any clues as to ferrous or non-ferrous, so it seemed iffy at best. I tried to scratch a little dirt off the surface to get a better read but discovered baseball sized jagged rocks just under the surface. Hmmm, do I dig or not?

Well, I had no where else to hunt in mind today anyway, so I started prying out rocks. Unbelievable!
4Jan2024 #1.jpeg

After flattening it out a bit and some clean up. 1942-D
4Jan2024 #2.jpeg

My 9th Walker in 4 years of detecting!
4Jan2024 #3.jpeg

Upvote 33

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on your beautiful accomplishment
Your off to a fantastic start for 2024
Thanks for sharing

JohnnyMac

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Nox,,Whites Eagle Spectrum,Whites Coinmaster 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I decided to go back to the spot in the alley where I found a Walker last Tuesday. There was a section about 10-12 feet by 5 feet that was crazy with roofing nails, so I decided to take my fishing magnet and try to get enough nails out to see if something was hiding under there. It was a lot of effort, and very dirty, only to find a 1968 Canadian penny.
Feeling a bit deflated, I was heading back to the car when I got a squeaky 50-55 jumping around. The Legend wasn't offering up any clues as to ferrous or non-ferrous, so it seemed iffy at best. I tried to scratch a little dirt off the surface to get a better read but discovered baseball sized jagged rocks just under the surface. Hmmm, do I dig or not?

Well, I had no where else to hunt in mind today anyway, so I started prying out rocks. Unbelievable!
View attachment 2124391

View attachment 2124393

View attachment 2124394
Cleaned up nicely too. Congrats

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 2124391

View attachment 2124393

View attachment 2124394
Awesome!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions