rginn
Gold Member
- Joined
- Oct 16, 2007
- Messages
- 9,220
- Reaction score
- 13,578
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Summit County, CO
- Detector(s) used
- White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
Knowing a little about the archaeology of the area around Arboles, CO, I had to get out and look the ground over. I had heard of this before in the 4 Corners area, but I actually found a site where you could not take a step without stepping on a potsherd. Most were about the size of a quarter, and mostly thin walled every day use, with only a white glaze. I did spot a few with paint and a couple with a red glaze on the inside, and a couple with designs. The strange thing was no tools or much evidence of tool making. A few things, like a part of a badly eroded metate, maybe half a hand axe, some quartz pieces with flaking. But I did find one perfect arrowhead. It's in the center of the pic with a bunch of potsherds laid out. I'd classify that as a target point, from the late Walmart period.
Attachments
Last edited:







