What's new

and they claim it is to be 69 by tuesday

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Joined
Jun 5, 2014
Messages
8,891
Reaction score
13,500
Golden Thread
0
Location
mid western ARK
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
it has snowed or iced four days of the last seven days, I know that this is nothing compared to what a lot of you has gotten so far but it actually almost melts off only to be replaced by more. it actually melted off somewhat yesterday, 1st day of school this week and was very cold but clear this morning. we (high school special needs kids) headed off on almost two hour drive for regional basketball special olympics. we barely got done and started home and the heavy clouds rolled in and the white stuff began. We have some mountain gaps and steep curvy roads between here and there and were really starting to wonder if we would make it back. we finally did and school was cancelled, kids sent home and the roads back to being bad again. it is coming down right now but we have made it home and now trying to warm up the house. I actually thought that I would get to go tomorrow to a permission but now even if it somehow melts tomorrow, it will be too messy for the spot. I know, whine, whine, whine. we live at the foot of a steep mountain and the wrecks have already begun, people can be so stupid in the ice and snow... the sad part is when they hit someone else who is driving correctly or even off the road. yep, like a lot of you, tired of this winter.
 
Tell me about! Here you would think people would KNOW how to drive in bad weather, but nooo they drive crazier, go figure! And we have mountainous piles of the white stuff! Beach, beach, beach...my latest mantra!
 
I feel your pain Dirtlooter. We have a forecast for 69 degrees, also. I think they said it was going to be in July.:BangHead:
 
we just has another 3 inches of snow, it is a winter wonderland out there. "They" claim that it will rain this evening but it has to somehow warm up first. so I put another pot of beans on and made another batch of mexican cornbread, like I am not fat enough!
 
We had nice weather in the forecast but over the last few days I've watched 60s and sunny turn to 30s and ice. Just relentless torture. I will be so glad when this winter becomes history.
 
Just cleared much of the ice dam on my roof, water appears to be flowing in the correct direction. Of course, tomorrow night we have more snow coming. :dontknow:
 
we just has another 3 inches of snow, it is a winter wonderland out there. "They" claim that it will rain this evening but it has to somehow warm up first. so I put another pot of beans on and made another batch of mexican cornbread, like I am not fat enough!

Mmmmm, beans and cornbread sounds great! Stuck inside for this "white flu" too. Had a fire going since yesterday, just glad I don't have to be out in it.
 
yep, got the smoked ham in the beans. we make sure the critters got something to eat, the birds are making out pretty good. the wife loves hot corn bread with butter. if I could, I would get the smoker going and smoke a shoulder, pulled pork sounds pretty good too.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom