What's new

Anicent Butchered Colorado Bison Bone ??

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
2,186
Reaction score
3,177
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy all, I posted this in todays finds as well, and wanted to share it here also. Today I took a ride to a arrowhead hunting spot,shown to me by my Grandfather when I was young. I found this bone ,which I believe to be from a Bison ??? I aslo believe those are butcher marks on the surface. Any knowledge shared on this would be greatly appreciated. Please note this is just as I picked it up today,havent even washed it off yet. Thanks !
 

Attachments

  • DSCF5455.webp
    DSCF5455.webp
    268.2 KB · Views: 71
  • DSCF5456.webp
    DSCF5456.webp
    310 KB · Views: 76
  • DSCF5457.webp
    DSCF5457.webp
    463.5 KB · Views: 80
  • DSCF5459.webp
    DSCF5459.webp
    178.7 KB · Views: 66
  • DSCF5460.webp
    DSCF5460.webp
    345.5 KB · Views: 83
  • DSCF5463.webp
    DSCF5463.webp
    369.7 KB · Views: 74
Upvote 0
Interesting, but I don't see any sign of butchering on there myself.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom