What's new

Anitique Looking Fork?

metaldetector101

Full Member
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
141
Reaction score
30
Golden Thread
0
Location
Eastern PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i
I found a fork today that looks really old. I have done some research but the only thing that I can find out that it is post 1865. Does anybody have a better timespan? It says WM ROGERS MFG.CO. AA. Also near the base it says PAT AUG.21.17. It is defiantly silver plated.
 

Attachments

  • DSC00120.webp
    DSC00120.webp
    31.9 KB · Views: 374
  • DSC00121.webp
    DSC00121.webp
    17.3 KB · Views: 384
  • DSC00122.webp
    DSC00122.webp
    17 KB · Views: 359
The patent date would be Aug. 21, 1917. The fork would have to be later than that.
 
Upvote 0
i saw where you date forks by the no. of tines and length. goldie
 
Upvote 0
try matching the "pattern" or design of it at "antique replacement cultlery sites"--clearly it was made after the pat date aug 21st 1917 * -- I found a old fork -that marked "rogers bros. 1847" while marked 1847 * the date they set up shop---* it was actually a 1880's era silver "pattern"
 
Upvote 0
Yes, I believe that 4 tines is generally of recent vintage.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom