Another 10 LBS Of Deer Meat Smoking While I Detected Today!

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
DSCN0653.jpg

Headed out today for a hunt in the woods. Loaded up my smoker early this morning with another 10 LBS of deer jerky. No silver today, however, I dug up an old child's rusted rem-anent of a toy gun. The oldest coin was a 1947 penny, no ML.

DSCN0643 SMALLER.jpg

Here's what I cleaned out of the smoker! Dang-it, life is good! Below are a couple of included finds.

DSCN0646.jpg

Sharryn

Nov 27, 2013
S. Central Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pinpointer, Samson 32" T-handle,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mmmm looks good John. I just smoked up some homemade polish sausage last week. Apple wood too. Too good for words to describe. :occasion14:

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No matter what you found at least you knew you had some good eating waiting for you.

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I fixed up an an old smoke house on my mother's property to make it look better, and to use it again.

My Dad grew up there, and I remember him telling me stories about when he was a boy, and had to keep the smoldering fire going.

I have been researching a little on YOUTUBE, and I never knew that you first pack the meat in salt to dehydrate it,wash it off, and then smoke it, of course this would be for large cuts of meat. Once the moisture is out, you can hang it in your basement, and it will be good for years. One good old boy on youtube, was enjoying 8 yr old ham, and claimed it got better every year.

Do the small smokers dehydrate thin strips of meat as they smoke it......is it like smoked jerky, or what's up?

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Mmmm looks good John. I just smoked up some homemade polish sausage last week. Apple wood too. Too good for words to describe. :occasion14:

That apple wood sure is delicious. I cold smoke Gouda cheese with it.

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
I fixed up an an old smoke house on my mother's property to make it look better, and to use it again.

My Dad grew up there, and I remember him telling me stories about when he was a boy, and had to keep the smoldering fire going.

I have been researching a little on YOUTUBE, and I never knew that you first pack the meat in salt to dehydrate it,wash it off, and then smoke it, of course this would be for large cuts of meat. Once the moisture is out, you can hang it in your basement, and it will be good for years. One good old boy on youtube, was enjoying 8 yr old ham, and claimed it got better every year.

Do the small smokers dehydrate thin strips of meat as they smoke it......is it like smoked jerky, or what's up?

Yes....all the small smokers dehydrate the meat. First, you burn smoke for a couple of hours, then just let the heat dry out the meat.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread