What's new

Another 40% score 9-8-09

Bigj5731

Full Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2009
Messages
230
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Michigan
Today i decided to go back to the bank where i found 9 rolls of 40%silver coins. I figured since it had only been two weeks that they wouldnt have "re-stocked" on halves.(i was talking about going back to this bank all weekend) I called and they told me that the vault lady wont be in until 930, it was only 9 o'clock. being one of the few banks that may have coins in this area i thought whether it was worth it or not to sit and wait for the vault teller to get into work. A half an hour is a lot of time to travel to a lot of banks and get a lot of coin, and having to work at 1 o'clock makes it tough to travel for coin. I decided to to wait, she said they only have 60 dollars worth, but i have to wait another 20 minutes before she will have it ready. Once again i decided i mind as well wait, ill call some other banks to see if i can get some coins on hold. Waiting time was up and I went in to buy them, as she is bringing them out of the vault, I notice that 4 of the rolls are wrapped in very old looking 50 cent wraps, I started to get excited and tried to hold back a smile. She then asked if i was in a few weeks ago to buy all the 50 cent pieces, not know whether or not to answer yes, i told her no i wasnt in. (i didnt know whether to tell her yes or not because i didnt know if she would have sold me the coins, or if she would have gone on into further detail about why I am buying them, which i would have lied and not told her about the silver.) I made the excited walk out of the bank and into my truck.
First roll of coins, no silver
second roll of coins, 19 40%ers
third roll of coin, 1 40%
Fourth, and fifth rolls, all 40%er
6th roll, 4 40% ers





The next set of halves i picked up ($370), cointained almost all of my cousins dump he forgot to tell me about!!!! I went out of my way to get this three hundred and seventy dollars worth only to pick up almost all of my cousins dump!!! I found 3 40%ers within this 370 dollars worth. Wile picking up this family dump, i noticed the teller had a sliver coin within the coins in her tray, before i left with the dump, i asked her if i could buy all the coins in her tray, without hesitation she told me that it would be no problem, so i bout another 6.50 just for the one silver coin. After these two stops i had 68 40% coins.

Figuring i had a little more time before i had to get ready for work i decided to hit one or two more banks. Driving another 10 miles to the bank, got there, they had 250 dollars worth, i saw something here i have never seen before. they had $20.00 rolls of fifty cent pieces. I thought to myself how awesome would that be if these 20 dollar rolls were filled with franklins and libertys!! Of course they were not, within this 250 dollars i ended up finding 4 more 40%ers. Making my total for the day 72 40%ers. Not a bad day.


I also picked up a worthless susan B. anthony dollar coin.

I have the biggist problem finding 90% coins. I can find 40%ers in huge ammount but struggle with 90%ers.

I have dreams about coin roll hunting. is this normal? does anyone else suffer from this? Just about every night i have a dream about finding awesome coins while hunting. i dont know its wierd i was tellin my cousin about this and he said i should post it to see if anyone else has this problem.

-Big
 
Upvote 0
Re: Another 40% score

Most I ever got in a day was 31 40%ers, 4 64 Kennedys, and a 63 Ben. Congrats on the find! :headbang:
 
Not a bad haul at all. Congrats!

Golden Silver
 
Bigj5731 said:
I have dreams about coin roll hunting. is this normal? does anyone else suffer from this? Just about every night i have a dream about finding awesome coins while hunting. i dont know its wierd i was tellin my cousin about this and he said i should post it to see if anyone else has this problem.

-Big

The answer is yes but not often. It's common for objects of obsession to creep into your dreams.

Nice score by the way.

Mojo
 
What a day !! Great score :thumbsup:
I had a dream that I was sitting in a Barber shop when Ben Franklin and and JFK popped in and invited me to a poker game in the back room of one of the local gin mills.
We were playing poker with silver halves and I was on a streak raking in the dough. I wanted to quit while I was ahead, but could not think of an excuse to leave. All of a sudden a woman, in a long flowing dress, that resembled someone who posts here, appeared and invited me to take a walk with her.
So we go for a stroll and stop in front of the Morgan Hotel where she has a room. She invites me up to her room for a Peace, of pie, and a cup of coffee. Then I woke up.
 
Yes I dream about finding coins both CHR and with my metal detector. By the way, you find a ridiculous amount of 40's, I hope you realize that. I hope you can keep up your streak. I bet they will slow down, but you believe you will also start getting some more 90's.
 
Once again Big i am terrible sorry about not telling you where i dumped, i was in a hurry to get the cash i needed to get along ways away to get my pick up b4 they closed. You know i only dump at one place this was a one time deal. Congrats on your find. And let me know if your still interested in the silver bicentennial.

I appoligize for not having my pictures of my finds on here yet, im still working on it and i will post them as soon as i can.

~Holmes~
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom