What's new

Another brass farm find....probably a buckle

jsandin

Full Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2008
Messages
231
Reaction score
92
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Every time I go to a used-to-be farm on the west edge of the Kansas City metro area, I find an odd piece of brass. At first I thought this was part of a corn-shucking device for the hand, but the only ones I've ever seen were steel. Now I think it's a broken brass buckle. Found about 3 inches down in a former farmer's field. Any thoughts, anyone?

Finding a piece of brass every time makes me think this farm hasn't been thoroughly pounded by those pesky metal detector people yet.
 

Attachments

  • Finds 8-10-09 005.webp
    Finds 8-10-09 005.webp
    12.1 KB · Views: 313
civil war era brass breast plate for a horse saddle breast strap
 
Upvote 0
olepossum said:
civil war era brass breast plate for a horse saddle breast strap

sounds like a sale pitch :D they were post war as well (buckle protectors that is)
 
Upvote 0
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom