What's new

Another Buckle ID Needed

David Ga.

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2008
Messages
25
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Found this Buckle at a stage stop . All good info needed .
Thanks in Advance
David
 

Attachments

  • Buckle Barnesley Gardens FB.webp
    Buckle Barnesley Gardens FB.webp
    29.4 KB · Views: 247
I had a hard time judging the size of the buckle based on your nice 3 cents piece ;D

I think the buckle is horse tack related. Found a few with the this more flattened style.
 

Attachments

  • Picture 199.webp
    Picture 199.webp
    13.3 KB · Views: 200
  • Picture 200.webp
    Picture 200.webp
    13.2 KB · Views: 203
Upvote 0
Now seeing both pics I realize still got the size wrong :D What's measurement on your buckle? Believe the style is from same era. Not sure which time frame, but would guess 1880-1920.
 
Upvote 0
Thanks I.S. - For your replies , Heres another photo .
 

Attachments

  • Buckle Barnesley Gardens.webp
    Buckle Barnesley Gardens.webp
    21 KB · Views: 180
Upvote 0
Iron spike is right on--these are horse related buckles, and the rough time span of late Victorian up into the 20th c. is correct as well. I don't find this style of buckles on my Civil War era homesteads, barn sites, etc. Only at barns and houses that date to the 1880s or even 1890s and onward.

Regards,


BB
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom