dg39
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Mar 30, 2006
- Messages
- 1,869
- Reaction score
- 46
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Deep in the swamps of Louisiana..
- Detector(s) used
- Ace 250--White's 6000 DI Pro
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
daroofa said:
hammered said:daroofa said:
Great id daroofa, bottom row 2nd and 4th might be Grenadier Guards. I'm still looking for the eagle buttons
.
hammered
daroofa said:hammered said:daroofa said:
Great id daroofa, bottom row 2nd and 4th might be Grenadier Guards. I'm still looking for the eagle buttons
.
hammered
Yeah, I'm not finding anything on those eagle buttons either...maybe we can get DG to let us know what's on the back, that might help.
daroofa said:Bottom row, 2nd from left and far right look the same. Royal cypher of George the Sixth (1936-1952), worn by the Grenadier Guards.
Lucas said:Hmm... that button is the same as the Scots Greys (Royal Scots Dragoon Guards). Note the wreath on the eagle's chest.
The eagle is, of course, the Napoleonic Eagle... a battle honor for regiments who captured one from the French.