What's new

Another Confederate was feeling creative... SOLVED

kyphote

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2010
Messages
585
Reaction score
52
Golden Thread
0
Location
Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, GPX 4800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This found at the same Confederate site I've been having luck with for the past week. An obvious one of a kind, but any guess as to its possible utility? A money clip? Miniature picture frame? I've never seen anything like it. Thanks.
 

Attachments

  • leadsculpture.webp
    leadsculpture.webp
    46.3 KB · Views: 434
Re: Another Confederate was feeling creative...

Is it lead? Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Re: Another Confederate was feeling creative...

Breezie said:
Is it lead? Breezie

Yes, lead, sorry.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Another Confederate was feeling creative...

It looks like a picture frame to me. I've seen a few 'odd-ball' CW frames. I have one my ggrandfather made out of wrapped string around a star shaped piece of cardboard . . .well, it was called pasteboard at that time. Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Re: Another Confederate was feeling creative...

Breezie said:
It looks like a picture frame to me, but the border doesn't look 'mammy made.' I've seen a few 'odd-ball' CW frames. I have one my ggrandfather made out of wrapped string around a star shaped piece of cardboard . . .well, it was called pasteboard at that time. Breezie

Yes, this was found among some other manly relics including a bullet transformed into a man's baby-making wand. Another sculpted into a whiskey bottle. Thanks, Breezie! :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
Re: Another Confederate was feeling creative...

Those carved bullets is what I want to see!
 
Upvote 0
Re: Another Confederate was feeling creative...

DirtyMike said:
Those carved bullets is what I want to see!

Both were already sold by my buddy who discovered the camp. Whiskey went for 80 and the male genitalia (ok, penis!) for 90. No pics, sorry. :(
 
Upvote 0
Re: Another Confederate was feeling creative...

kyphote said:
DirtyMike said:
Those carved bullets is what I want to see!

Both were already sold by my buddy who discovered the camp. Whiskey went for 80 and the male genitalia (ok, --deleted--!) for 90. No pics, sorry. :(

Feel compelled to clarify the deleted expletive. The aforementioned bullet was actually billed the "p*nis bullet" by local collectors. That's the last I'll say on the topic. Any more guesses as to the initial creation in question? Thanks.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Another Confederate was feeling creative...

kyphote said:
kyphote said:
DirtyMike said:
Those carved bullets is what I want to see!

Both were already sold by my buddy who discovered the camp. Whiskey went for 80 and the male genitalia (ok, --deleted--!) for 90. No pics, sorry. :(

Feel compelled to clarify the deleted expletive. The aforementioned bullet was actually billed the "p*nis bullet" by local collectors. That's the last I'll say on the topic. Any more guesses as to the initial creation in question? Thanks.
I have seen a few of them in collections. One of which was quite detailed.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Another Confederate was feeling creative...

You reckon it could be a lead flint holder from a Brown Bess or the likes?
 

Attachments

  • Screen shot 2010-01-19 at 5.54.41 AM.webp
    Screen shot 2010-01-19 at 5.54.41 AM.webp
    46.6 KB · Views: 329
Upvote 0
Re: Another Confederate was feeling creative...

creskol could be right. I've looked at this several times and had no idea. I have seen lead flint holders but none that fancy but the one in crekol's pic looks close. About your carved "wand" bullet. Back in the '80's a buddy and I were MDing a corn field. He hollared for me and there on top of the ground in all it's glory was a "wand" shaped piece of lead about 8 inches long with a big M carved in the side of it. I don't even want to think about the history of that certain item. When my buddy showed it to his mom she told him to get it out of the house. I guess she had no appreciation of civil war relics. :laughing7:
 
Upvote 0
Re: Another Confederate was feeling creative...

:icon_scratch:

Interesting item :icon_scratch: looks like it was mounted on a leather strap :dontknow:

SS
 
Upvote 0
Re: Another Confederate was feeling creative...

creskol said:
You reckon it could be a lead flint holder from a Brown Bess or the likes?

I'm marking this solved based on Creskol's image. You the man! :notworthy:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom