another cool bottle find!!

DanTheNewbie

Apr 19, 2012
Central connecticut
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok, so ive been detecting for a few months now and i have yet to find anything metal or silver worth talking about , however i find a bottle every time first it was those weird red cup things and an ink well and now this, i think its from 1920 to 1940 maybe older whiskey bottle frankfort distillers, lemme know if you know anything about it, oh yeah the last picture is my creepiest find ever its a weird clown doll with no arms or legs creepyyyy. this was all on an island in the connecticut river.

photo(4).JPG
photo(5).JPG
photo(6).JPG
photo(7).JPG
photo(8).JPG
photo(9).JPG

Upvote 1

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Dan, I think I'll call you Spider Man,lots of cool stuff along the CT River,lots of OLD History,best of hunting to you!!!!!! God Bless Chris

OP
OP
DanTheNewbie

DanTheNewbie

Apr 19, 2012
Central connecticut
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only found this because it had the slip cover over the neck of the bottle, I'm pretty proud of myself for digging this out of the ground without putting a scratch on it as well haha......

Masonlid

Mar 14, 2005
good ole Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre U Max
awesome bottle.....I once found an old DR. Pepper bottle detecting once...it had an old piece of a chain stuck in the lip of the bottle...lol

highnam

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2012
Western Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome bottle...I'm a rookie bottle collector, I wonder if that is a pontil base? Over 100 years old?

RiverRat3

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2009
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi Dan. If you are looking at the treasure net site with you phone when someone post a smiley face it doesn't show up. When "old salty" posted he posted a smiley face waiving its arms but on my iPhone it reads "notworthy". Great find. I'm sure you will find something good with your detector soon.

OP
OP
DanTheNewbie

DanTheNewbie

Apr 19, 2012
Central connecticut
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This particular distiller was open 1902 till 1940's or so and the Seagrams bought them out I'm not an expert so I might be wrong

antlerman23

Jun 6, 2011
Rochester Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Fisher F2 (DD coil)
Whites Classic ID
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i van tell by the <(I)> symbol on the bottom that it is an Owens-Illinois bottle. the 3 to the left of the symbol tells me it was made in Huntington, West Virginia. that factory was opened in 1930 and operated well into the 70's. the 4 to the right of the symbol tells me that your bottle was made in either 1934 or 1944. the word Duraglass was added to Owens-Illinois bottles in the early fourties, so the bottle could not be from 1944. therefore, since the word "Duraglass" does not appear anywhere on the base, i can tell you it was made in 1934. great find! here is a great website for bottle dating : Machine Made Dating 8

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i van tell by the <(I)> symbol on the bottom that it is an Owens-Illinois bottle. the 3 to the left of the symbol tells me it was made in Huntington, West Virginia. that factory was opened in 1930 and operated well into the 70's. the 4 to the right of the symbol tells me that your bottle was made in either 1934 or 1944. the word Duraglass was added to Owens-Illinois bottles in the early fourties, so the bottle could not be from 1944. therefore, since the word "Duraglass" does not appear anywhere on the base, i can tell you it was made in 1934. great find! here is a great website for bottle dating : Machine Made Dating 8

great ID antlerman :icon_thumright:

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool bottle! BTW, the "slip cover" is actually a shot cup, that particular brand was marketed as "Medicinal Whiskey" and that cup was your recommended dose.

OP
OP
DanTheNewbie

DanTheNewbie

Apr 19, 2012
Central connecticut
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha that's great! Medicinal whiskey, If that's the recommended dose, I've been over medicating for years haha , I've seen a lot of these bottles online, but I haven't seen any with the safety lid I wonder if it is rare to have the lid?

badger

Mar 7, 2012
Divide, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just think? you could have missed this by having your discrim turned up too high.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread