What's new

Another Day River Hunting

timekiller

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2009
Messages
3,853
Reaction score
966
Golden Thread
1
Location
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With much of the same results. :-\ Finds are from three sites this time.Got in a load of pipe stems,one is indian(native american)again,buttons pewter,tombac,flat,musket balls,pewter spoon handle,teeth,nails,couple bottles one melted in fire & never even broke,pottery shards,buckle frags & another (V) nickle this time two for two on my last two trips on the V's.Anyway it is what is & was a hunt & good to get out.
Take Care,
Pete, :hello:
 

Attachments

  • 002.webp
    002.webp
    73.2 KB · Views: 835
  • 003.webp
    003.webp
    68.2 KB · Views: 834
  • 004.webp
    004.webp
    66.3 KB · Views: 829
  • 012.webp
    012.webp
    45.2 KB · Views: 884
  • 011.webp
    011.webp
    41.2 KB · Views: 844
  • 010.webp
    010.webp
    71.1 KB · Views: 824
  • 005.webp
    005.webp
    103.8 KB · Views: 846
  • 006.webp
    006.webp
    78.1 KB · Views: 847
  • 007.webp
    007.webp
    109.1 KB · Views: 841
  • 008.webp
    008.webp
    71.9 KB · Views: 844
  • 009.webp
    009.webp
    100.7 KB · Views: 836
Upvote 0
more.....
 

Attachments

  • 016.webp
    016.webp
    107.4 KB · Views: 874
  • 015.webp
    015.webp
    81.9 KB · Views: 861
  • 014.webp
    014.webp
    43 KB · Views: 882
  • 013.webp
    013.webp
    44.9 KB · Views: 875
WOW. That is some killer finds. What do you think the teeth are from? I found a tooth today that looks just like the big ones you have.
 
I always love your posts. Really diggin' the pipe stems.
 
Man that is some nice diggin :hello2:
 
Nice variety of finds Pete :thumbsup:
 
Nice Old finds!
Are those horse or pigs teeth? found some on the beach in FL.
Are pix 011 and 012 the same stem?
I have one stem with black center, not oval though.
Great pix! Thanks for sharing!!
 
steelheadwill said:
Nice Old finds!
Are those horse or pigs teeth? found some on the beach in FL.
Are pix 011 and 012 the same stem?
I have one stem with black center, not oval though.
Great pix! Thanks for sharing!!
Hey Hebie,Sorry for the late reply been busy this weekened took a good friend of mine fishing today.The one tooth is a boar tusk,the other is either cow or bison,I can't tell those two apart myself other then I've had people look at them and tell me some of the ones I find are bison & some are cow.I due find the horse teeth also but not in that pic.Some in the pic. below.Yes pic 011-012 are the same.They come in different sizes & shapes.Pic. below of others.Also added some pics.of me fishing today & wild spanish horses here on the outer banks.
Take Care,
Pete,
Thanks To the rest for your words also,& Best to Ya!
 

Attachments

  • 010.webp
    010.webp
    66.1 KB · Views: 487
  • 009.webp
    009.webp
    79.9 KB · Views: 473
  • 008.webp
    008.webp
    64.8 KB · Views: 463
  • 007.webp
    007.webp
    38.2 KB · Views: 463
  • 006.webp
    006.webp
    57.3 KB · Views: 468
  • 005.webp
    005.webp
    39.6 KB · Views: 472
  • 004.webp
    004.webp
    100.2 KB · Views: 471
  • 003.webp
    003.webp
    124.8 KB · Views: 479
  • 002.webp
    002.webp
    71 KB · Views: 463
  • 013.webp
    013.webp
    8.2 KB · Views: 511
  • 012.webp
    012.webp
    47.7 KB · Views: 522
  • 011.webp
    011.webp
    46 KB · Views: 530
more...
 

Attachments

  • 015.webp
    015.webp
    37.4 KB · Views: 569
  • 014.webp
    014.webp
    33.9 KB · Views: 569
Those are awesome finds! And I wish I lived close enough to ocean to do that kind of fishing! What do you do with the sharks when you catch them? Do you eat them?
 
jibb said:
Those are awesome finds! And I wish I lived close enough to ocean to do that kind of fishing! What do you do with the sharks when you catch them? Do you eat them?
No Man,put them back.They are aggravating around here all kinds. :wink:
Take Care,
Pete, :hello:
 
Timekiller said:
jibb said:
Those are awesome finds! And I wish I lived close enough to ocean to do that kind of fishing! What do you do with the sharks when you catch them? Do you eat them?
No Man,put them back.They are aggravating around here all kinds. :wink:
Take Care,
Pete, :hello:
I figured you probably did put back. If I lived close enough to do that kind of fishing I don't think id do anything else! Besides treasure hunt! Lol
 
Is the mangled looking bottle glass? Weird if it is in that shape without breaking. Awesome finds!!! :headbang:
 
JmCraz8 said:
Is the mangled looking bottle glass? Weird if it is in that shape without breaking. Awesome finds!!! :headbang:
Yep Glass stopper top,& yes kind of weird it never broke during the fire it was in.
 
Thanks Pete :hello:
Great tooth & Native pipe collection !
When I first saw the cow teeth I though they were giant barnacles :tongue3:
after seeing some strange creatures down in the Keys where we found them,
figured anything was possible.
There were thousands of these 'Sea Hares', like big snails with no shell, swimming gracefully around the shallows, when you pick them up they squirt ink like squid but red in color :laughing7: strange and beautiful..
Love the dogfish, nasty linetangling timewasters that they are,
looks like yours might be 'smooth dogfish' the ones up here have a poison dorsal spine, 'spiny dogfish'.
When they come along it's time to find a new spot, I've seen schools so thick they would black out my sonar.
Cool OMC 30 on your rig, love em, simple and bulletproof.
Great Pix of the wild Horses :o Nice Country down there.
HH & best wishes, Herbie.
 

Attachments

  • KW 1-09 251 copy.webp
    KW 1-09 251 copy.webp
    83.1 KB · Views: 482
  • KW 1-09 262 copy.webp
    KW 1-09 262 copy.webp
    25.9 KB · Views: 461
  • KW 1-09 263 copy.webp
    KW 1-09 263 copy.webp
    35.6 KB · Views: 572
  • SPINY DOGFISH 003 copy.webp
    SPINY DOGFISH 003 copy.webp
    59.5 KB · Views: 646
  • MUDFLATS OMC 30.webp
    MUDFLATS OMC 30.webp
    60.3 KB · Views: 640
GREAT batch of goodies there! I love that melted bottle.. That i neat!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom