Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,

I think these areas contains a bit of history. I search for indian or military artifacts but there is a possibility for silver artifacts. The two spots shows where I found a 1775 KG counterfeit penny and a 1792 KG half penny (or is it the contrary...).
I'll see if I can find ancient post about those finds.
Thank you in advance for your time :notworthy:

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep a file of definitions for marked spots, to identify types of dowsed targets.

"Green in general is a color indicator, I use for various other targets mostly archaeological (old ruins or foundations but especially those non-metallic objects such as Indian flints, glass, pottery, carved stone with treasure signs).
Red circle is to mark areas, of loose or surface coins/treasure and artifacts of value, down to 1-2 feet deep.
Red line box (or solid filled circles) for very deep coins/treasure or artifacts of value."

Attachments

• 1-bill_wabo.jpg
    1-bill_wabo.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 88
  • 2-bill_wabo.png
    2-bill_wabo.png
    443.7 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
OP
OP
bill_wabo

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, you surprising me Sir. On picture no1, a farmer told me there was someone had found the remains of an old soldier camp on his land, long ago. He told me it was in the woods not far from his sand pits but he does not remember well. I'll check that area for sure and I have permission (my first one). On photo no2, you nailed two of a few old homesteads that I know of. There is a well in the biggest red circle, on the left side of the picture. On the same picture, the area covered with green dots is about 40 feet higher than the river bank, would make a nice watching station, because it is abenaki territory. I thank you very much I have more than plenty to search this spring, makes me happy. You'll be the first one to know if I find something. :thumbsup:

ripper1

Apr 17, 2014
greece
Primary Interest:
Other
Capture1.PNG here,here and here....!!!
Hi,

I think these areas contains a bit of history. I search for indian or military artifacts but there is a possibility for silver artifacts. The two spots shows where I found a 1775 KG counterfeit penny and a 1792 KG half penny (or is it the contrary...).
I'll see if I can find ancient post about those finds.
Thank you in advance for your time :notworthy:

View attachment 1286355

View attachment 1286354

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, you surprising me Sir. On picture no1, a farmer told me there was someone had found the remains of an old soldier camp on his land, long ago. He told me it was in the woods not far from his sand pits but he does not remember well. I'll check that area for sure and I have permission (my first one). On photo no2, you nailed two of a few old homesteads that I know of. There is a well in the biggest red circle, on the left side of the picture. On the same picture, the area covered with green dots is about 40 feet higher than the river bank, would make a nice watching station, because it is abenaki territory. I thank you very much I have more than plenty to search this spring, makes me happy. You'll be the first one to know if I find something. :thumbsup:
Thanks Bill, judging by the dowsed hits, I suspected you must have at least 2 good sites in there. You can have Native American and military all in the same general area, not unusual at all. :coffee2:

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi bill_wabo,
In both pictures, dowsing revealed:
Green circle area: Gold items, coin/jewelery
Orange circled areas: military relics
ABB orange line area: Lots of lead bullets, coins/relics, skirmish site, ect.
White circles areas: Loose coins, silver/copper items.
Thanks for posting your pictures,
Jon
Capture1dowsed.png Capture2dowsed.png

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread