What's new

another DREAM ROLL, Walkers and Ben’s (oh, and a 40%er) w/pic

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
Joined
May 16, 2007
Messages
2,494
Reaction score
11
Golden Thread
0
Location
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
another DREAM ROLL, Walkers and Ben’s (oh, and a 40%er)

After going through todays boxes, I thought about a small town bank I hadn’t been to in a while. They said they had some machines and some hand rolls. I picked up 6 hand rolls and $190 machine. The first hand roll I opened showed a 1968 on top. I dumped them in my hand and saw ALL SILVER, woo hoo. I set them down and must have flipped them and there was a Walker on top. I called Rosco Bookbinder so he could share the excitement of looking through them. Walker, Walker, Walker, Ben, Ben, Ben and so on. Altogether, 6 Ben's, 13 walkers and a single 40%. Rosco was as excited as me. At another bank today the teller scrounged up $10 in loose. As I was waiting, I spotted a silver quarter in her tray. I got a 1949 quarter for a quarter. This was a GREAT day. WOO HOO for me.

Box 37: 2 -1964’s (same roll, back to back) and 3- 40’s.
Box 38: 2- 1964’s, 2- 40’s, a gold plated 1999 and a clad with a Woodstock Institute of Negotiations sticker.
6 hand rolls: 6- Ben's, 13- Walkers (oldest a 1928) and 3- 40’s. 3 of the walkers are in real nice condition (might be worth more than melt).
$190 Machine Rolls: 1-Ben and 1-40%.
1 box of dimes: 2-1964’s
……and a 1949 quarter form the tellers tray.

A day like today makes up for some of the so-so boxes. I was just thinking the other day I hadn’t found a dream roll for awhile. That’s about my 6th or 7th dream roll. A roll like that makes all the dump rolls I get worth it.
 

Attachments

  • ScreenHunter_009.webp
    ScreenHunter_009.webp
    50.3 KB · Views: 384
  • ScreenHunter_011.webp
    ScreenHunter_011.webp
    75.6 KB · Views: 400
  • ScreenHunter_012.webp
    ScreenHunter_012.webp
    43.1 KB · Views: 378
  • ScreenHunter_013.webp
    ScreenHunter_013.webp
    30.6 KB · Views: 382
  • ScreenHunter_014.webp
    ScreenHunter_014.webp
    54 KB · Views: 381
Upvote 0
Sweet. I ran Loomis out of halves again Friday, hopefully I got 5 boxes coming Wed. I pull into banks around here as I drive around for my job but no luck on halves today- I'll try harder tomarrow. HH Mark
 
I had a roll like that once.....................and than I woke up. 8)

Kudos on living my dream.
 
thurmownator said:
I had a roll like that once.....................and than I woke up. 8)

Kudos on living my dream.
Keep plugging away Thurm, that dream roll could be just around the corner :P
 
thurmownator said:
I had a roll like that once.....................and than I woke up. 8)

Kudos on living my dream.

Hey! I was in that same dream. I'm still sleeping trying to relish the thought....heeh. Another good find there bro.
 
Beeeeeuuuttttifulll !!!!!
 
Congratulations that is really awesome. And all of them Walkers...Drool!! Love them Walkers. Many of them look to be in great shape as well.

Rev
 
Sweet. 8) Motor on!

Red Thunder
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom