What's new

Another early Lincoln and shotgun shell head today

2moshers

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2014
Messages
596
Reaction score
2,954
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pemberton, New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Teknetics
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hit the same wooded overgrown road and field down back along the creek again today. Found a 1913 Lincoln cent near where I found the 1909 and it also is in great condition. Also found a PETERS HIGH GUN NO 12 shotgun shell head circa early 1900s. 020.webp
 
Upvote 8
Congrats on the early wheat and nice headstamp.
 
That penny looks like the day it dropped.
Thanks for the 'id' on the head stamp. Found my first Peters High Gun two days ago.
HH!!
 
This was also my first Peter's shell McCDig. The 1909 penny I posted earlier was in just as good shape.
 
Again Cool Head Stamp.
&
Great Condition on the WC , Is the back in as good a-shape as the front (1909) also?
Rarely are both sides good for me.
Davers
 
Nice shotgun stamp I've been finding them my shelf. I found 2 REM - UMC's in the last 2 weeks.
 
Yes Davers the back is as good as the front on both. The 1913 is on top of the 1909.009.webp010.webp009.webp
 
Oh Yeah!!
Looking Good , I recently dug some IH' Cents that turned out that well.

A little Peroxide used there? I used it on a few of the Indian Cents & It helped a-lot , Just left them a little darker but I could see the Details Much better. It even left the green patina on a couple of the coins & on a couple it took it off, ( a small price to pay for a nice "Full Liberty"). Common Cents as Well so no Biggie deal IMO.
GL
Enjoy the rest of your July 4 Holiday .
Davers
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom