Another Friday hunt after work at the Silver Mine

TheGeorgiaCanuck

Oct 20, 2011
Surrey, BC
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got off work at 3pm and......yes....burnt rubber to the park to hunt. Sun was shining a bit and it was 5C. Why not!! ;D

AT-Pro decided it liked buttons that day....wierd....

DSC00092A.jpg

Find Totals, 13 pennies, a loonie and a quarter(not pictured, misplaced it), penknife(As Peacehaven's would say, well past it's sell by date!), some bling and buttons.

DSC00056A-1.jpg
DSC00087A-1.jpg
DSC00089A.jpg

The Bling. Aluminum junk, Junk pin, with fake stones(The center was red when I dug it up, after washing it went white and fell off.) and a wire wrapped gemstone of some kind.

DSC00062A.jpg
DSC00063A.jpg

Some kind of clip stud.

DSC00064A.jpg

Salt shaker end? Or not...if you know tell me.

DSC00066A.jpg

Tiny button.

DSC00067A.jpg
DSC00068A.jpg

Old button, the back is rusted and gone. The swirly design looks early 1900's though. Not sure.

DSC00073A.jpg
DSC00076A-1.jpg

Canadian Military General Service Button. The loop is gone. Made by JR Gaunt & Sons, London. Est 1750. Made Military, uniform & British Railroad buttons from 1870-1973.
The motto reads "Honi soit qui mal y pense" It's a French phrase meaning: "Shamed be he who thinks evil of it". It is also the motto of the English "Order of the Garter".
The age of the button is iffy, apparently it has to do with the crown. Each King/Queen has a different looking crown and I cannot see it clearly enough to tell. I'm thinking though it's at least WWII or older.

gsbuttons-1.jpg

The button on the right shows what it looks like when in perfect condition.

Anyway, that's Friday's hunt! GL & HH ALL!!

Upvote 0

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a good day!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread