Another Fun Day at the Farm

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Everyone,

Another beautiful Day in Massachusetts! Completed all my chores; done very early this morning (got up at 5:00 am and completed them by 7:30 am). So I decided to go detecting at the very productive farm from yesterday. Not as silver coin productive, but still worth the trip. Some of the finds are listed here and the remaining are in the photos; Ferrous, non-Ferrous and coins & things.

The goodies are as follows: Trime (worn no date — Variety 1: 1851-1853), 1937 Buffalo Nickel, 1898 well worn Barber dime, 1887 well worn and wacked by plow Seated Liberty dime and ten very toasty Lincoln Cents (oldest 1909 — most recent 1957D, some too far gone). The farm fertilizer just kills the old coppers coins. The Relics were as follows: Pin with an Elk, Buckles, Broken old key (Davol on one side?), ½ of a Shell Locket and some miscellaneous items.

Thank you for viewing.

As Always, GL & HH

Doc
CAM00782.jpg CAM00783.jpg CAM00784.jpg

Upvote 6

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very nice digs. You sure tore the old money up man, and got a trime. wtg..You got you a honey hole for sure.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WOW Doc, the trime remains high on my bucket list. I put about 7 hours into a farm that was established back in mid 1800's and only found 3 modern coins and an old broach, not even a crotal bell. Many of the areas are silent, so I ended up installing the 12" x 15" butterfly coil. I was gonna hit the adjoining bean field, but a day or 2 after harvest, they had already planted winter wheat. I did find some aluminum trash and the innards of a pocket watch but not as much as expected. The original farm house was leveled by a tornado back in 1965.

OP
OP
Professor of Engineering
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Loco-Digger,

Thanks for the post!

I have found a few Trimes in various farm fields and all have the same very weak signal on my machines (Minelab, Whites and Garrett). All recovered were between 1" - 5" in depth. IMHO, After 6" they would be very hard to hear, especially in a trashy field.

GL & HH

Doc

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The trime doesn't look so bad and bucketlister for many. Congrats! :thumbsup:
Kind of hunt i prefer, many varied relics, some old coins and a rarity. ;)

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man that's a good bunch of finds!

Top Member Reactions