What's new

Another Iron thing.

jamest64

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2020
Messages
274
Reaction score
319
Golden Thread
0
Location
Near Ann Arbor Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 and White's TRX pp, Garrett 400, Pro Pinpointer II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OK, found this today in a city park not too far from a river. What do you think?
Iron object 1 3-29.webpIron object 2 3-29.webp
 
Looks like half of a leaf spring shackle.
 
Upvote 0
Laughing....I don't know what that is....JT
 
Upvote 0
Jim, here's a pic of a leaf spring...

leaf spring.webp

Part of the springs on the rear of a vehicle.
 
Upvote 0
Wow, thanks. I don't know what I would do with all this junk I have collected if I didn't have all you guys to tell me what it is....Thanks a bunch.
jamest64
 
Upvote 0
Well, it is definitely another iron thing! :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
With no distinguishing features it could be off any kind of machinery (although the orange paint brings Alice Chalmers farm equipment to mind). Could be tractor, auto, truck, construction, lawn mower, or any one of thousands of different pieces of machinery. Sometimes it is just a piece of flat iron with holes in it.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom