What's new

Another knapping question.... :)

Joined
Sep 18, 2011
Messages
338
Reaction score
175
Golden Thread
0
Hi all,
With all the leaves on the ground, it is hard to find anything new. I therefore resort looking at old pieces over and over again… :-)
Anyway, I found this piece that intrigued me. It is magnified substantially, but unless I'm mistaken I believe that the tip was intentionally made. It's hard for me to tell what it may have been, my first thought was maybe a perforator but I would like your honest opinion if it was anything or just a natural fracture.
Thanks again…
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    79.9 KB · Views: 71
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    64.3 KB · Views: 69
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    58.1 KB · Views: 65
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    55.3 KB · Views: 78
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    62.8 KB · Views: 73
Upvote 0
Could be utilized... Graver or something? But it could also be a debitage flake that has some extra flaking due to failed removal attempts or other natural actions like plowing and or getting beat up with other rocks... But looks used to me initially... Magnifier time... ����
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom