Another late night beach hunt, Platinum, Gold and Nitro. First Plat for this year!

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit the beach yesterday evening at around 1800. Low was at 2130 but I wanted to check out some issues I've been having with my CTX and the 11" coil. I've been getting CONSTANT falsing at the apex of my swing on each side. Not reading off of any of my gear or scoop and even with the sensitivity all the way down it still does it. I made the mistake of doing a GB on the machine while on the beach two weeks ago (big no-no) but have since reset first just the settings, then the whole machine. Still a no go, it was driving me nuts and it masked the sound of any low conductive tgts. Swapped out fro the 17" "Beach Sweeper" coil and had no issues. Had to run it in Auto +3 sensitivity and it worked like a champ, as you will see...Minelab/Kelly Co repair center, I'll be calling today.

First ring was the two stone Platinum. It rang up at 12.04 and is marked "P950 D 0.08" (95% Platinum and 0.08 cw in diamonds....tiny little guys) Also maked "C-48095 CH" Not sure if it's a makers mark, date code or both. Ring weighs in at 3.4 grams. Second ring was a bit of a Nitro, it sounded like a penny (12.39 on CTX) but looks nice and is heavy but the penny signal had me doubting. Sure enough, got home and when testing you can see where I rubbed off the plating and hit copper.....junk. Third ring is SS and has what I believe is the Lord's Prayer in Spanish. Hit a nice gold religious medallion marked "750" (18K) and "1 A R", it weighs 4.3 grams. I looked in the same area for the chain it may have come off of but no luck there. The rest was just the usual clad and crap but I was pretty happy with this hunt, first platinum for this year. Almost looks like an OBN kind of night!

Thanks for looking!
DSC_2510.JPG DSC_2512.JPG DSC_2514.JPG DSC_2516.JPG DSC_2518.JPG DSC_2519.JPG DSC_2520.JPG DSC_2522.JPG DSC_2523.JPG DSC_2531.JPG DSC_2534.JPG DSC_2560.JPG Platinum #1 2015.JPG

Upvote 9

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a pretty nice night of goodies

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Dag Doc!! That's a Nice Spin!! Congrads on the Plat, But I really like the 18k medallion! And the Lime Green Lazergun, VC!! Ring Daddy #11?

I did the Family Weekend thing but will be back out Tuesday at a local get together, Gunpowder State Park hunt.. There will be at least 30 hunters there to search for treasure..

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome hunt! Thanks for sharing!!

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Lovely haul! Congrats! :blob3::blob9::blob6::blob3:

I enjoy digging gold rings & would be thrilled to someday dig platinum, but I prefer the look of silver & copper to that of gold. I chuckle to myself when people call copper "junk". I've enjoyed in the past making pendants by fusing my powdered enamel designs onto copper & love the way it glows through the enamels.

:icon_thumright: Have fun & keep us posted with your next finds! :icon_thumright: Andi

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
great going on the night time ring hunt!

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet finds !

sutphin