Another lot of 4 Ancient Coins From Turkey to be identified with your precious help

numizmatikci

Greenie
Aug 5, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ANCIENT-1.jpg ANCIENT-2.jpg ANCIENT-3.jpg ANCIENT-4.jpg ANCIENT-5.jpg ANCIENT-6.jpg ANCIENT-7.jpg ANCIENT-8.jpg ,
Hello Dear Bros,
I am not sure but please tell me if these are too many to be identifiedfour at a time.If not,
please tell me about these coins,country,ruler,rarity, value,condition etc.I bought them from a seller in my town.To be precise,I can tell you the diameter and weight but not now because I have little time :(
Masters! Waiting for your help.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice coins, I to don't have much time of to work, but it looks like you have a coin of Geta, and Trajan, I will update later, if Cru doesn't beat me to them. On another note I am coming to Turkey on Monday 26 of August for 10 days, were abouts in Turkey are you.

I think the third coin is... Alexander 111, Silver tetradracham, head of Alexander as Herakles, Zeus seated. Posthumus from Amphipolis Macedonia, but it looks a bit wrong, might be a copy :dontknow:.

SS

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sentrom

Oct 18, 2012
Near Chicago
Detector(s) used
Pioneer EX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
3rd one down is Trajan (Marcus Ulpius Trajanus 98-117 ). Traiano AVG GER DAC P M TR.

Upvote 0

Sentrom

Oct 18, 2012
Near Chicago
Detector(s) used
Pioneer EX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You also seem to have some poor luck with purchasing fake coins. It is hard to tell from a photograph but the Trajan coin looks like a modern cast copy. A duplicate “cast twins” of this coin is showing up on forgery networks for ancient coins. I suggest you look at sites like the forgery network and do some research.

Upvote 0

Sentrom

Oct 18, 2012
Near Chicago
Detector(s) used
Pioneer EX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The fourth coin. Alexander III the Great, Silver Tetradrachm is a highly forged coin. Chances might be if the others are fake and you purchased it from the same guy……..this one might be as well.

Upvote 0

Sentrom

Oct 18, 2012
Near Chicago
Detector(s) used
Pioneer EX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The top one is a Roman imperial silver denarius

CAESAR SEPTIMIVS GETA AVGVSTUS (Geta)

Same warning as the others as this is also one that seems to be forged often enough that it would warrant a professional inspection.

Upvote 0

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alexander the great is the only one that looks like it might be a fake, I don't have problem with the Roman coins, they are good if they are fake, but you can't be certain from a picture.

SS

Upvote 0

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pictures of the sides of the coins would provide more information.

SS

Upvote 0
OP
OP
numizmatikci

numizmatikci

Greenie
Aug 5, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will upload new photos(including edges,sides),diameter,weight,its magnetic or not.But I have to confess that I m so dissappointed with the commends on my coins because I was so happy to have them all.I know there are many touristic fakes in Turkey.However, an old man who deals with ancient coins for many years also inspected these coins right after I bought them and he okayed the coins,too.I m so dissappointed any way.Thanx for everyone who helps me.

Upvote 0

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will upload new photos(including edges,sides),diameter,weight,its magnetic or not.But I have to confess that I m so dissappointed with the commends on my coins because I was so happy to have them all.I know there are many touristic fakes in Turkey.However, an old man who deals with ancient coins for many years also inspected these coins right after I bought them and he okayed the coins,too.I m so dissappointed any way.Thanx for everyone who helps me.

If you want IDs, I not sure why your disappointed. I for one have not ruled out that they are real. Until I have the details, I was just warming you up to 'all' possibilities based on the provenance.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread