What's new

Another penny record shattered!

Immy

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2005
Messages
2,999
Reaction score
874
Golden Thread
0
Location
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just had to make a special trip to the penny casino on Leap Day and hopefully find something equally special. I lucked out! Apart from the nine wheaties (1946, 1950-S, 1951-D [3], 1951-S, 1952-S, 1955-D, 195?-D) I got seven Canadians - 1973, 1982, 1996, 2001, 2006 [2] and...my first [red]2008 RCM[/red]! This utterly smashes my previous record for the earliest Canadian penny which was June 2nd in 1999. The question is, if I find a 2009 penny next year on March 1st, is that a tie? Hmmm...

Did $40 in nickels too but only one [blue]keeper[/blue] -

[blue]1939[/blue], 1940-D, 1948, 1953, 1954-D, 1957, 1957-D, 1958-D

Hope everyone had a great Leap Day!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom